• Vaccine Priority For Essential Snow & Ice Workers?
    Concerned about COVID-19 and/or potential labor shortages? Click here for a letter to health departments from SIMA emphasizing your priority for the COVID vaccine as an "essential" worker.

Experince with John Deere Gator..Anyone?

bob

PlowSite.com Veteran
Eggy, I got a Gator earlier this year. I don't have a plow for it (have one on my Grasshopper), but I do have 9 factory and 2 aftermarket options. We have only gotten 2" of snow so far. I can't wait to take it out in the snow!

OP
E

eggy

Thanks guys I will search for that thread...they seem like they would do a nice job with a cab...from the way I understand you can put a six foot blade on them salter etc...they seem almost equal to a truck in clearing ..only with a tighter turning radius..and yes loosing a few feet on plow width..but the almost cost equal to a used truck also...

nsmilligan

PlowSite.com Veteran
Let us know how it works out. I've been asked to bid on a sidewalk contract for NEXT year, seems the present guy is not doing the job, thought the Gator could tow a drop spreader and do light plowing. I'm looking at leasing or buying a couple of skid steers with V-plows and a least one blower to do the bulk of the work. Contract will be about 75K/year, 3 years.

Bill