Excursion plow!, no I am not nuts..

chtucker

x-code springs, meyer 8.5c. Works great (parking lots, I don't do drive ways.) Now I my wife can help with my workload. Same length as a supercab. Rides fantastic with or without plow, gained three inch lift with plow off and springs settle 1" with plow raised. Need to add 350 4" blocks to level out truck.

Howard

excplow.jpg

Last edited:

Kent Lawns

PlowSite.com Veteran
Originally posted by chtucker
Same length as a supercab.
It's actually shorter than a SC, even shorter than a standard cab 8' bed 137"wb.

It's the shortest, most manueverable Ford SD made. :)

Rear visability? :(

Mounting a Meyer plow on a $40,000 truck is criminal in 48 states. ;)

snowplowjay

Banned
Its like Plowing with a school bus. This is where plowing becomes a family affair. you can plow with like 12 of your best friends in that thing. lol

but it does look pretty hardcore

Jay

Mick

PlowSite.com Veteran
Howard, this may be obvious to others but what is that cord coming out from under your Excursion and over the plow for?

OP
C

chtucker

Hey it only seats 8! Yep the diesel is "plugged in" Lows were 10-12 degrees above the night before. Easier to start and quicker to get heat.

Hardcore? Just your average grocery getter. My wife is the still getting used to it.

EdNewman

I have a Boss 8.0SD on mine and one of the other guys that works with me has a Meyer C-8 on his. Both have upgraded springs. With the diesel and good tires, these are animals.