Snow Plowing Forum banner

Ever happened to you?

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Duncan90si 
#1 ·
Here is what happened, I showed up to do this house,around 8pm, nice size 2 car driveway, and we had about 2.5 inch's of ICE, so we were chipping through it with the snow blowers, plow would just sit on top, and my one employee went running over to the next house. He was over there for a few minutes and then came running over to me. He told me that he was shoveling and heard some lady screaming at him through a tree. Here the lady was on her front porch, do something in the dark, a some snow from the blower went through a huge pine tree, across her front porch, and hit her. Well I started laughing, probably not the right thing to do at the time, but we were out since 4:30 that morning, and working on our 15 hour straight, well, she told him that she was going to go in and call the police, and wanted my card for her lawyer, that she was going to sue me. Well, I finished doing the drive, put the equipment away, and walked over to her house to see what happened. I ran the bell, waited for her to come to the door, and said that I was sorry for having snow come over to her house, but asked why she was standing on her porch, in the dark, behind a tree, and then asked where the snow was that I put on her porch? There was nothing there, and she did not tell me why she was outside, anyway, after she was done screaming about what I did with the snow, all I could say is that I was sorry, and that all I could do is walk over here like a man, and say that I was sorry. She stopped and when I said have a merry Christmas. I can not imagine someone being like that. In my 20 so years of clearing driveways, I have NEVER had anybody threaten to sue me, over some snow, that went through a tree and hit her in the dark? Needless to say, I have not heard from the police yet.....

Just one of those days to top off a day of plowing. :angel:

See less See more
#2 ·
My thoughts exactly...what is an old lady doing out in the dark, hiding behind trees. Pretty damn funny to me.

#4 ·
I was cutting grass infront of my house one time and the mower picked up a rock and threw it threw the back window of a mini van driving by it was a 1 in a milion shot and i guess her insurance company covered it all its an act of god in wisconin. As far as your situation you should of gave her a snow ball and let her throw it at you then you would of been even. Some people just like drama.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.