Engine Weirdness

79scotts

I have a 79 k-10 with a 350. Under medium and heavy acceleration at lower speeds I get a strange vibration from the engine as if there was a cylinder not firing correctly. I have little or no blowby so I don't think that it is a compression problem.
I have also changed plug wires, plugs, cap, and rotor.
I still can't locate the cause of this problem. I suspect that I may have a slightly bent pushrod due to a formerly sticking lifter but that's only a semi-educated guess. If anyone has any ideas please email me or reply to this post.

Thanks Gang,
-Rob

OP

79scotts

Here's the latest. I have checked all the plugs and found that the #6 cylinder is the culprit. I have checked compression and spark and they are fine. Actually the compression in #6 was 180lbs, about 20lbs higher than the rest. I have also changed the plug and it didn't have any effect. What is going on here?

MTCK

What made the #6 plug the culprit? Fowled with oil, or had it been struck by something? Give us a little history about the engine and truck's drivetrain. Something easy is also check that you don't have any burnt plug wires. Give us a little more to work with and we'll figure it out.

Marcus

Top Forums