Snow Plowing Forum banner

electrical problem

746 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  70monte 
#1 ·
Today I noticed that my left turn signal indicator and high beam indicator in the dash are only working occasionally. Usually they start working again after I've turned the truck off and then turn it back on later. I'm assuming the bulbs are still good since they sometimes come on. The left turn signal and high beams do work. I also discovered that the cigarette lighter is also not working. All of the fuses in the fuse box are good as are the ones under the hood. This is on my 98 K3500.

Does anyone know what else could be on these circuits? Would the cig lighter be on the circuit with any of the dash indicator lights? Anyone know how I would go about tracking this problem down.? Thanks for any info.

Wayne

#2 ·
I went out today and turned the ignition switch to on but not run and the left turn indicator and highbeam indicator lights both worked. Now to find out where the short is.

Wayne

#4 ·
Ok, thanks. The two power outlets to either side of the Cig. lighter work so the cig lighter itself might be bad. I don't smoke so its not a big deal.

Before I discovered this problem yesterday, earlier in the day I noticed that when my GF got in and out of the truck, it would take a few seconds for the dome light to come on and when it did, it made a clicking sound. I replaced the door jamb switch for the dome light but I doubt that is what is causing this problem.

Maybe the turn lever stalk is shorting out since this lever is one thing that this problem has in common. Has anyone ever replaced one of these?

Wayne

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.