Snow Plowing Forum banner

Electric Sanders

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  plowking35 
#1 ·
Is any one having problems with electric motors failing??

Gene

#5 ·
I bought a used buyers sander and I know its at least 4 yrs old. I have had no problems with it. I knew the guy took good care of it. Washed it down after every use, oiled it up so it wouldn't rust... that kind of stuff. The olny problem I have with it is if I get a big enough chunk of salt in the auger, it sometimes jams. No biggy. just shut it off and spin the suger by hand and away we go.

#6 ·
I've had 2 elctric sanders and they both worked great. One's a Black and Decker and the others a Milwaukee :). Actually I have a Western 1000 salt spreader and tried some ag lime and sand / salt mix. If its dry it works kind of, but any moisture and you've got a mess. Somretimes you just have to try what an engineer tells you not to.

#8 ·
Thank's guys. I heard talk of motor problems with Smith. I am still waiting for my truck body. The company is running two weeks behind. Its late in the season to be buying a spreader anyway. They have one left,1.5 yrd,and only droped the price $150.00.Maybe thier pencle will have a sharper point when my truck is in there for the body.

Gene

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.