• PlowSite Homepage Upgrade

Hello again PlowSite community,

I wanted to post a quick note to let you know that the homepage of PlowSite will experience a major upgrade next week. We’re always looking for ways to improve our users’ experience on the site, and felt that this upgrade was needed and long overdue.

With this upgrade, you’ll now see the top trending posts as soon as you visit PlowSite, and these will be updated throughout the day. You can also easily access videos and photos. As always, we encourage you to include videos and photos in your own posts to share with your fellow PlowSite users.

Be assured that all of the forums, content and data that you’ve been accustomed to will remain intact, as will all current site features. You’ll also be able to easily access the full list of forums directly from our new homepage.

We’re excited to bring you this change, and look forward to hearing your feedback.

Thanks, PlowSite Team

Eastern snow expo

JD PLOWER

PlowSite.com Veteran
This past thursday I packed up the digital camera and headed west for the Eastern snow expo at the Worcester Centrum. Having never been to a trade show dedicated to snowplowing and ice control I have to say I was very impressed with how things are run at one of these events ( makes me wish I had gone to Denver even more) . I came across some serious heavy metal just for snowplowing (yes I was drooling over some of it) like the Oshkosh and a very large grader . I also got a chance to chew the fat with a Fisher rep . We talked about the new sander and plow set up ( yes Mick you are right about the stainless for next year ) and how they couldn't get the conveyor belt set up to work so they stuck with the chain drive, and saw that MASSIVE 9' COMMERCIAL PLOW Fisher sells. Also talked with every spreader manufacturer known to man and yes these guys have a LOT of toys. The photos are in my sig, ( I apologize for the glare off the safety cones ), I can't seem to figure out how to post the photos directly to the board . BTW see some of you at the Q . Thanks JD.

Taconic

PlowSite.com Veteran
Sorry i missed ya JD as i was there for both days along with Dino and a few other SIMA members i saw.Great show, though its too bad the states dont advertise that event each year to the contractor market .I am sure attendence would be much higher if contractors knew about it.
John Parker
Taconic Maintenance Inc

Mike Nelson

Another great show!

Sorry I didn't get to meet you JD.They had a great array of equipment though.
Dino I am sorry I didn't get to see you either,I heard you were their with your wife and son I believe?
John is right,they would have a larger turnout if they advertised it to the contractors.
I believe next year is in Charleston West Virginia?Oh Boy can't wait. :D

cat320

2000 Club Member
JD looked like a great show and place to get info on all the latest plow and snow removal equipment.That 9' fisher MC looked good was that on a 450 or 550?John your right they should advertise it like the mascon show I did not really know about it unless I might of heard about on here.Just as well I would be like a boy in candy store,looking at stuff I will never get but want.

plowking35

2000 Club Member
Yeah Mike where were you??? Yes my wife and daughter did attend with me, but we had to leave at 2 so that I could get our 6 yr old off the bus. All the smaller trucks were 550's, except the pick ups that were 250/350's.
Dino

OP
J

JD PLOWER

PlowSite.com Veteran
Sorry I didn't get to meet you guys either. I was the fat guy with the camera bag ( I know that doesn't really narrow it down) .

cat320

2000 Club Member
They should have one of these typs of shows at the world trade center or bayside expo in boston.Then all of us could meet there to check out the new stuff out there.Hey JD your not that bad .I think that next show in boston should be anounced so we can all meet up.