Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Earthway Spreader that i just bought will not spread Bagged Rock Salt. The rock salt that i used was called Ice Control from John Deere Landscapes and its seems like the grade of the salt it to big to flow good. Is all Rock salt the same size or is there a different company that offers a smaller grade.

· Registered
1,775 Posts
Justin K;460353 said:
My Earthway Spreader that i just bought will not spread Bagged Rock Salt. The rock salt that i used was called Ice Control from John Deere Landscapes and its seems like the grade of the salt it to big to flow good. Is all Rock salt the same size or is there a different company that offers a smaller grade.
dmcenery;460376 said:
Justin,

As far as Earthway goes you need the 2130 model with the blue hopper for spreading bulk salt. It has a single large slot as opposed to the three smaller holes with the red hopper models.

Dan
Which one did you buy? I have an Earth-way with the three hole red hopper it it spreads bagged and bulk salt fine make sure you use the strainer. What brand of salt are you buying? I have been buying Morton salt the yellow bag and it works fine, i don't use it very much as i have bought a tailgate spreader, however i still use it for my driveways and sidewalks, anyway look into different style bagged salt. This is what i use http://www.bestnest.com/bestnest/RTProduct.asp?SKU=EWP-2150SU

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DJ Contracting;460391 said:
Which one did you buy? I have an Earth-way with the three hole red hopper it it spreads bagged and bulk salt fine make sure you use the strainer. What brand of salt are you buying? I have been buying Morton salt the yellow bag and it works fine, i don't use it very much as i have bought a tailgate spreader, however i still use it for my driveways and sidewalks, anyway look into different style bagged salt. This is what i use http://www.bestnest.com/bestnest/RTProduct.asp?SKU=EWP-2150SU
I bought the 2170 Model, the one that holds 100lbs. The bag says Ice Control

· Registered
659 Posts
i have the same model. I only have a problem if the stuff is wet. I use Diamond Crystal (I think that's the name of it).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.