Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just did a complete rebuild on an old e47 pump I purchased. Cleaned and replaced most major components and all o-rings, etc. I went to put the two new filters into the pump base and only 1 filter fits. The lower left filter cavity is not deep enough to accept the same filter as the upper right cavity. Is it ok to run without a filter or is there a different style filter I need to use??

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just did a complete rebuild on an old e47 pump I purchased. Cleaned and replaced most major components and all o-rings, etc. I went to put the two new filters into the pump base and only 1 filter fits. The lower left filter cavity is not deep enough to accept the same filter as the upper right cavity. Is it ok to run without a filter or is there a different style filter I need to use??
So I figured out what the problem was. Might sump base is an early model that came with the filters attached to the plugs. Apparently a previous owner had taken the filter out and the metal end piece on that style filter broke off and became lodged in the bottom of the cavity. I had to use an easy out and I was able to pop it out. New style plastic filters fit now. Problem solved!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.