Snow Plowing Forum banner

E-60 won't hold plow up

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  ltlm 
#1 ·
When I did my preseason check everything seemed to be working properly. Now the pump will not hold the plow in the up position and it bleeds down rather quickly. After doing some troubleshooting and checking it appears that the seal on the main lift ram is shot! I can see fluid around the ram at the top of the pump on what I think is the seal. How difficult is it to remove he ram and the cylinder to replace the seals? I have the Meyer repair manual and an exploded picture but would still appreciate some directions and guidance. Thanks much!

John

#3 ·
it is actually pretty simple, start off by taking the top cap off (#11 according to the manual)(3 5/16" lock nuts) you will probably have to tap it off with a flat screw driver and a mallet, then carefully slide #13,18,19,&29 off of the assembly. now grab hold of the ram (#3) and slide it out, then grab the cylinder itself (#17) and wiggle it out being careful not to tear the o ring (#21), ok now you want to remove # 9, then slide off #8,7,6,&4. now reverse the process and install the new lift seal when you need to put #6 back on, be sure to lube it up with some hydraulic oil first and once the piston/ram is reassembled insert it from the bottom into the cylinder and beat the cylinder over the ram with a dead blow hammer

#4 ·
Big Nate's Plowing said:
it is actually pretty simple, start off by taking the top cap off (#11 according to the manual)(3 5/16" lock nuts) you will probably have to tap it off with a flat screw driver and a mallet, then carefully slide #13,18,19,&29 off of the assembly. now grab hold of the ram (#3) and slide it out, then grab the cylinder itself (#17) and wiggle it out being careful not to tear the o ring (#21), ok now you want to remove # 9, then slide off #8,7,6,&4. now reverse the process and install the new lift seal when you need to put #6 back on, be sure to lube it up with some hydraulic oil first and once the piston/ram is reassembled insert it from the bottom into the cylinder and beat the cylinder over the ram with a dead blow hammer
You know, I have actually done that job before, and true it wasnt bad. But you just have a way of putting it with all the #'s that scares me :) Glad I didnt see your post before I did it. LOL.

Kevin

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.