• SnowCare For Troops Expands To Include Healthcare Workers
    Project EverGreen expands its SnowCare for Troops program to help healthcare professionals. Volunteers from the snow and landscape industries can provide snow and ice removal services to nominated healthcare heroes. Click here to read more.

Downeaster electric sanders

plowking35

2000 Club Member
I have a smith electric spreader, very similar to the downeasterner. I love it, less draw than the plow. It is more effecient with material, and if you get the all stainless model, no rust to worry about. They are quiet, and no gas, hard starting, or maintenance to worry about. In all a very slick unit, I highly recommend one.
Dino

snow

PlowSite.com Veteran
dino- is it possible to hook up a control like a buyers one for the tailgate spreaders to a harder or downeaster electric spreader? i was over at my friends shop tuesday and he has an electric downeaster in stock. it was the one at the bbq. i think that with all the problems with the gas engines not starting, an electric one would do the job.

Bryan
p.s- dino, please email me.

plowking35

2000 Club Member
No it wont. The units are run through a relay, with that in mind its either on or off. Smith does offer a control unit but is alomost $500.00. Being that a v box is rarely used for fine area spreading, full on is fine. If I am ina constrained area, I just reset the deflector shield for more down angle.
Dino