Dollar General Snow CT, MA, RI available

Ice-sage

We'll take a per store price, paid in full for the entire 2021-2022 season, up front by October 1st, 2021, for the low value pricing of 91,000.00 in USD per store. No if's and's or but's. No negotiating. Set in stone.

If you'd like to talk business with us you can direct private message me on plowsite.

OP
MFRPropertiesCT
We'll take a per store price, paid in full for the entire 2021-2022 season, up front by October 1st, 2021, for the low value pricing of 91,000.00 in USD per store. No if's and's or but's. No negotiating. Set in stone.

If you'd like to talk business with us you can direct private message me on plowsite.
Listen I'm just like you small lawn business in Connecticut, no need for the wise ass comments here, not making nothing on it just keeping our land contract.

Ice-sage

It wasn't a wisecrack comment. That is the offer. I don't care about the monolithic corp dollar general/tree and its shareholders. We gotta eat too. So does my help. We have heard the terror stories concerning just the business you are talking about.

Winter insurance for snow maintenence has skyrocketed to the moon. Compliance is almost untennable. Equipment prices are through the roof. The contracts are abysmally one sided(no where near an equal meeting of the minds).

I have had 40+ attemps from NSP's and other middlemen thrown at us, completely unwanted and unasked for by us in the last 3 years. I would have to be insane to have even started to negotiate with them. Each was a slap in the face disrespect from a business perspective. The few I "fished" just to see the "bite" literally cried at our numbers. Then pouted when we refused their paltry ammended numbers. "It's only buisness." No, it is contracted slavery. Abuse of the "suckers".

If you don't like my honest reply so be it. You are entitled to your own opinion and business practices. So are we.

Dealing with large corporations is not the same as residential. I wish people in our industry would figure this out. No more games. No more screwing the laborers. Times they are a changin'. We hold the power, not the corporation.

OP
MFRPropertiesCT
It wasn't a wisecrack comment. That is the offer. I don't care about the monolithic corp dollar general/tree and its shareholders. We gotta eat too. So does my help. We have heard the terror stories concerning just the business you are talking about.

Winter insurance for snow maintenence has skyrocketed to the moon. Compliance is almost untennable. Equipment prices are through the roof. The contracts are abysmally one sided(no where near an equal meeting of the minds).

I have had 40+ attemps from NSP's and other middlemen thrown at us, completely unwanted and unasked for by us in the last 3 years. I would have to be insane to have even started to negotiate with them. Each was a slap in the face disrespect from a business perspective. The few I "fished" just to see the "bite" literally cried at our numbers. Then pouted when we refused their paltry ammended numbers. "It's only buisness." No, it is contracted slavery. Abuse of the "suckers".

If you don't like my honest reply so be it. You are entitled to your own opinion and business practices. So are we.

Dealing with large corporations is not the same as residential. I wish people in our industry would figure this out. No more games. No more screwing the laborers. Times they are a changin'. We hold the power, not the corporation.
So one store 91,000.00 for snow? **** my condos don't even pay that, to be honest we all are in business but that price is ridiculous for just one store for 4 months

cwren2472

PlowSite Fanatic

So, $500/hr for an anticipated 182 hours of snow removal (or roughly 1 week of non-stop 24/7 plowing.) That's about the going rate then? For a Dollar Tree store?

rizzoa13

The number is rediculous and I think that’s the intent of his post. To the OP you are going to have a tough time finding anyone for it because of what was stated above: insurance price, labor shortage and difficulty getting paid by these companies.

You are getting paid by the NSP to do the work but the second they don’t like the service they won’t pay you, then you won’t pay your sub and the only guy REALLY not getting paid is the guy doing the work. No thanks.

cwren2472

PlowSite Fanatic
Wasn’t he like 400$ an hour for a lawnmower with a 5’ bucket? That’s the accounts I need.
Looks like it was $300 "for a tractor" - I'm too lazy to dig through the 11 pages to see what exactly he defined as a tractor

Ice-sage

So one store 91,000.00 for snow? **** my condos don't even pay that, to be honest we all are in business but that price is ridiculous for just one store for 4 months

So, $500/hr for an anticipated 182 hours of snow removal (or roughly 1 week of non-stop 24/7 plowing.) That's about the going rate then? For a Dollar Tree store?

How rediculous is it? We have 10 people on-call 24 hours a day 7 days a week. We also have 5 back-up people just in case(worth their weight in gold). It has snowed multiple times in October. Since I have been in the buisness where I am located it has snowed in April multiple times. Twice in May. These snow events for some strange reason in those 2 months are always 7-10 to almost 20 inch storms. Again that is 10(5 back-ups) people on-call 24/7 for upto 7 months.

We get residential and businesses that are not our clients pleading with us frequently every year either early season or late season because of other incompetent snow removal companies dropping the ball. We cannot help them as our schedule is full to the maximum limit for what we can provide. Wish we could do more but the good people to do the work are just harder and harder to catch.

We have seen the numbers posted here on plowsite what alot of these giant companies want to pay for winter services. Looks like it has gone backwards in the last 10 years or more by at least a 25-50 percent pay reduction. What the efff? Guess what? Those same companies have jacked up their prices 50 times in 10 years whether it snows or not. And every year they make more and more record net profit but want us in this industry to work for less and less bananna scraps every year. You have got to be kidding me with your "rediculous" statement.

The number is rediculous and I think that’s the intent of his post. To the OP you are going to have a tough time finding anyone for it because of what was stated above: insurance price, labor shortage and difficulty getting paid by these companies.

You are getting paid by the NSP to do the work but the second they don’t like the service they won’t pay you, then you won’t pay your sub and the only guy REALLY not getting paid is the guy doing the work. No thanks.

The intent was showing the number for us to be on call 24/7 for upto 7 months and providing exactly what we agree to in our contract for the properties the original poster stated.

I took a look at a lot of the Dollar General properties in Conneticuit, Rhode Island and Massachusetts. Especially with DG's track record, that is our minimum offer per store paid upfront for the entire season.

I don't care what any of you say about "you're going to cost the consumer more by those rediculous prices". It does not matter one iota if they accept our pricing or not. These corps and their shareholders do not care for one second about me and you or the consumer. They raise prices at will for profit only. Again whether it snows or not. If they have to pay us on a fair contract or not.

About the NSP's. Where to start. They are bottom feeders. The owners and their accountants and attorneys have figured out how to dupe the people that do the labor and steal/skim nickels and dimes and quarters out of every dollar you should be sharing with your family and your helps family. Literally the NSP's are stealing dinner off your dining room table. Jacking your childrens and yours futures. They are making so much money off our backs they are now and have been getting into the pockets of your legislators and government and regulators. The cash drawers of the equipment manufacturers. The spines of the winter maintenence organizations that pretend to be on our side. Cozying up to the big corporations. The rabbit hole is endless for them. It is madness. And those of us in this industry that provide the actual labor, that just accept it for what it is, are helping them(NSP's) destroy what is left of our occupation.

Remember, we ourselves are part of the problem in this equation. We get weaker and weaker as they get craftier and craftier. We are paying the bottom feeders that contribute in reality, nothing. Lets see the suits go sit in a tractor for 30 hours over a day and a half just so the regular folks and the suits can get to a store safely.

Do the work to excellent standards. Get paid what we are worth. Stop letting them take advantage of the little people.

rizzoa13

It’s rediculous being you are pricing it at 10 people on call 24/7 with 5 backups. A dollar general can be serviced with 1 truck in about 45 minutes even in a blizzard. I get what you are saying but if you are full to capacity and getting those kind of numbers you must be a 5 million dollar a year snow company or a bs'er.

So which is it?

Ice-sage

@rizzoa13

If you would take in all I have said you would understand we don't even do commercial. It is not worth the salt they will shake at you.

I spent a vast amount of hours reading and learning from plowsite and other outlets to get a grasp on doing commercial accounts. Formulated our own pricing and principles. Factoring way more details into each penny than anyone has ever covered here on plowsite and multiple platforms. Striving to deliver the best and fastest service, procure the most efficient vehicles and machines, compensating the help with lifetime equal and fair ennumeration, I could never in my lifetime get the numbers to add up. Those numbers come directly from you guys, the corporations, the nsp's.

I took a chance and went and talked to the big players in the commercial winter maintenence field in a few cities. One finally believed in me and spilled the beans. He was in his last year doing Costco's, Target's and Walmart's(or the property thereof). He had had enough of the browbeating and relentless attack from the bean counters. Watching rates and contracts offered just fall drastically every gaining year. The NSP's and clueless snow companies entering the field made the writing on the wall that much clearer.

This gentleman didn't live lavishly. He paid his operators more than any rate I've seen thrown around here. His people had been with him forever. They all were good folks and earned a stable life.

I was allowed to look over his books. My formulas were right on par with his. And even more so looking into the future. In one foul swoop if he would have continued and agreed to the next seasons contracts, he and his people would've had to absorb more than a half million dollar loss. For good. And he saw it only going lower especially with NSP's. Throw in every tom, dick and harry with a truck and a plow with that gleem in their eye for the big corporate property bucks willing to do the job for peanuts, and you have the conundrum we have today.

These lots have never looked worse in my lifetime than now. Watching the companies service them is dreadful. Seeing the ads placed on the internet looking for employees to do the work is downright saddening. Just 2 short seasons ago there were multiple companies around here starting pay for shovelers at 10 bucks an hour. Skidsteer or truck operators at 13 to 15 per hour. Race to the bottom.

The commercial snow maintenence venture is too cheap and way to volatile. Hey, there is always doing government/state contracts and really screwing the taxpayer. I can make our numbers work all day doing residential. We prefer not to have 50 employess. 50 machines. 100 headaches. Being too big is a greedy mans wetdream.

WIPensFan

PlowSite Veteran
How rediculous is it? We have 10 people on-call 24 hours a day 7 days a week. We also have 5 back-up people just in case(worth their weight in gold). It has snowed multiple times in October. Since I have been in the buisness where I am located it has snowed in April multiple times. Twice in May. These snow events for some strange reason in those 2 months are always 7-10 to almost 20 inch storms. Again that is 10(5 back-ups) people on-call 24/7 for upto 7 months.

We get residential and businesses that are not our clients pleading with us frequently every year either early season or late season because of other incompetent snow removal companies dropping the ball. We cannot help them as our schedule is full to the maximum limit for what we can provide. Wish we could do more but the good people to do the work are just harder and harder to catch.

We have seen the numbers posted here on plowsite what alot of these giant companies want to pay for winter services. Looks like it has gone backwards in the last 10 years or more by at least a 25-50 percent pay reduction. What the efff? Guess what? Those same companies have jacked up their prices 50 times in 10 years whether it snows or not. And every year they make more and more record net profit but want us in this industry to work for less and less bananna scraps every year. You have got to be kidding me with your "rediculous" statement.

The intent was showing the number for us to be on call 24/7 for upto 7 months and providing exactly what we agree to in our contract for the properties the original poster stated.

I took a look at a lot of the Dollar General properties in Conneticuit, Rhode Island and Massachusetts. Especially with DG's track record, that is our minimum offer per store paid upfront for the entire season.

I don't care what any of you say about "you're going to cost the consumer more by those rediculous prices". It does not matter one iota if they accept our pricing or not. These corps and their shareholders do not care for one second about me and you or the consumer. They raise prices at will for profit only. Again whether it snows or not. If they have to pay us on a fair contract or not.

About the NSP's. Where to start. They are bottom feeders. The owners and their accountants and attorneys have figured out how to dupe the people that do the labor and steal/skim nickels and dimes and quarters out of every dollar you should be sharing with your family and your helps family. Literally the NSP's are stealing dinner off your dining room table. Jacking your childrens and yours futures. They are making so much money off our backs they are now and have been getting into the pockets of your legislators and government and regulators. The cash drawers of the equipment manufacturers. The spines of the winter maintenence organizations that pretend to be on our side. Cozying up to the big corporations. The rabbit hole is endless for them. It is madness. And those of us in this industry that provide the actual labor, that just accept it for what it is, are helping them(NSP's) destroy what is left of our occupation.

Remember, we ourselves are part of the problem in this equation. We get weaker and weaker as they get craftier and craftier. We are paying the bottom feeders that contribute in reality, nothing. Lets see the suits go sit in a tractor for 30 hours over a day and a half just so the regular folks and the suits can get to a store safely.

Do the work to excellent standards. Get paid what we are worth. Stop letting them take advantage of the little people.
Love it!! Stand your ground man! I agree with everything you’ve said. Even though I’m not in the business anymore, I never did NSP… only got a couple calls or solicitations anyway, but still. Do great work. Get paid properly for said work. Don’t get taken advantage of! My business never bent on those standards. Did it cost me work to not be the cheapest, or significantly less than what I thought I needed to make money on it?? Yes, no doubt. I didn’t care. I wasn’t sacrificing myself so others could save money and prosper, while I suffered the consequences. These NSP are the biggest scam going imo. I do believe there is a middle ground with situations like these where all can prosper, it’s too one sided many times though.

Ice-sage

Ouch. You can't make this sheet up. As we speak Mr. Oomkes drops this in the rant and venting thread.

Received an inquiry from the website for some landscape renovation...from a large company that owns a bunch of apartments and we worked for in the past. Then it became all about price. Last communication we had the CFO said something along the lines of "if your decisions are based strictly on price, we're not interested." Never heard back.

So the regional manager emails on the 21st, can meet on the 22nd between 10 and 1 or 23rd between 1030 and 1.

Not sure what world she's living in, but meetings don't happen that quick...at least not for former customers that are only interested in price.

I drive by one of their complexes at least once a week...looks like ****. Weeds in the beds, no mulch, tree rings are gone, turf doesn't get fertilized. Not someone I'm interested in working with based on history and what this place looks like. And they were one of the ones that wanted us to pay $200 a season for the privilege of working for them. Some insurance thing or other.

Thank you Mark for telling us how it really is. Exactly on par for what I am espousing here in this thread.

Top Forums