Does Fisher make a mount for an old Homesteader to a 2018 Chevy Colorado?

idcipher106

So I've have a Fisher Homesteader for a zillion years from like the first year they came out. The plow still works great-- I plow my driveway with it and that's it.

It was mounted to my 2005 Chevy Silverado 1500 pickup, but that truck is at it's end of life. I just purchased a 2018 Chevy Colorado to replace it.

Does Fisher make a mount to fit my old Homesteader to my new Colorado truck? Am I better off just dumping the old homesteader plow?

cwren2472

PlowSite Fanatic
Yes, even though the homesteader is obsolete, it uses the same mounts as the newer HS. In your case, it is part # 31563

Whether you choose to replace the plow is up to you, but if the homesteader is working for your needs, then there is no need to replace it. That said, you'll need to price out from your dealer for the total cost of vehicle side pieces installed. It may be more than you are expecting and want to spend on an old plow.

OP
I

idcipher106

Thanks for the reply-- I looked up part 31563 and there it was, the mount kit for the 2015+ Canyon/Colorado. I guess either I suck at searching Fisher's web site, or their web site sucks.

I have most of the truck-side parts, including the motor relay, isolation module, etc. All I really need is the 31563 mount and a couple of electrical harnesses for the headlights. I don't even really need the turn-signal harness as the plow never leaves my driveway.

Looks like a could be back plowing with the new truck for $400 or so.

cwren2472

PlowSite Fanatic
You would need the following harnesses at a minimum:

76048-1

That assumes you have a 3 port module currently. If you have the 4 port, you'll need part #s: 29070 and 29047 as well.

Those pieces plus the mount are going to put you well over $400 but still much, much less than a new plow.