1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

    Dismiss Notice

Does anyone know what this part is called? Snowblower

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by McGaw, Dec 16, 2010.

  1. McGaw

    McGaw Senior Member
    Messages: 221

    Hey guys!

    I've been trying for the past 8 hours to find out what this part is called, and where I am able to get one from. If anyone here knows or has some thought about what it's called that would be awesome. I'm still waiting from phone calls from dealers, but it's been awhile.

    Basically, the snowblower is a Murray, model number 961970077 00, but there is another number below that which is 627806X31. Not sure what it is, but I do know it is not the serial number.

    To change the direction of the chute, I push down on the middle control, and spin it whatever way I want the chute to go. The chute is on cables, and at the lever, they cross over top of this black piece and in turn, move the chute. I hope someone here knows what i'm talking about.

    Here are a couple of pictures of what I'm talking about.

    Thank you very much




  2. McGaw

    McGaw Senior Member
    Messages: 221

    Here is another picture

    pulled away.jpg
  3. Snowzilla

    Snowzilla Senior Member
    from Iowa
    Messages: 397

    Have you tried their website?

    From the blurred photo it appears the model number is 961970011 instead of what you said 961970077.

    how to identify model #:

    Here is their customer service number: 1-800-528-5087

    It sounds from reading their website that this company took out bankruptcy and Briggs bought them Feb. 2005, and doesn't support any products prior to.
  4. McGaw

    McGaw Senior Member
    Messages: 221

    Thanks snowzilla! Ill be sure to double check that model number when I get home. I apprecuiate you posting that information, ill call them. I noticed earlier this morning that they don't have any snowblowers on their website, and you information has reassured my suspicion that they did indedd sell. Dealers still haven't had any luck locating it. Thanks!
  5. Snowzilla

    Snowzilla Senior Member
    from Iowa
    Messages: 397

    At first I thought Murray fell under the family of brands that MTD Products owns (Cub Cadet, Cub Cadet Commercial, Cub Cadet Yanmar, Troy-Bilt, White Outdoor, Yard-Man, Yard Machines, Bolens, Arnold, GardenWay, MTD Pro and MTD Gold.) But it appears Murray was their own brand. Maybe you can improvise if no parts are available. Good luck.
  6. McGaw

    McGaw Senior Member
    Messages: 221

    I'm starting to get somewhere now. They don't have anything in their system matching my model number, or serial number, but they're going to try to see about using a different models parts. Just had to get talking to the center in canada.
  7. rebelplow

    rebelplow Senior Member
    Messages: 147

    Any luck finding this part yet? I was looking through all my sources to figure it out for you, but came up empty handed. I did get it narrowed down that it's a Canadian model. :mechanic: