Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Go - Write it Off

Votes: 2 100.0%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

A mechanic dropped my 2009 Ford F350 (2 door long box), off the front end of a hoist send it crashing head first into the concrete floor below, it was up 6 ft high.

How much damage in my engine should I expect- yah there's body work, but its the truck that does the work, not a cracked up rocker panel and the doors. it is worth me keeping and repairing as it breaks apart, or should I consider it a write off? I'm planning my winter work now, so I got to be prepared for either serious mechanical work, or put money on a new truck now.

Its only got 200KM on it and is a great work truck otherwise.

Much appreciated your thoughts for all.

· Registered
15,571 Posts
Hey,

A mechanic dropped my 2009 Ford F350 (2 door long box), off the front end of a hoist send it crashing head first into the concrete floor below, it was up 6 ft high.

How much damage in my engine should I expect- yah there's body work, but its the truck that does the work, not a cracked up rocker panel and the doors. it is worth me keeping and repairing as it breaks apart, or should I consider it a write off? I'm planning my winter work now, so I got to be prepared for either serious mechanical work, or put money on a new truck now.

Its only got 200KM on it and is a great work truck otherwise.

Much appreciated your thoughts for all.
His insurance is paying I presume?
They might total it, but you might be able to keep it anyway. Depending on the pay off, I'd be inclined to walk away.

· Registered
60,321 Posts
What engine?

I'd say something else, but am in the process of buying another Furd. lol Technically a Super Doodie, but it has a real engine, transmission and frame.

· Premium Member
17,303 Posts
6' straight down onto concrete, I'm thinking a lot more damage than just body work

Edit: looks like it would have been traveling at about 13 MPH at impact. I know a guy that could easily outrun that in 100 feet so maybe not that totaled after all.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.