1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

diamond touchpad solenoid??

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by keith2001ram, Jul 29, 2017.

1. keith2001ram

keith2001ram Junior Member

hey everyone..ive got an older diamond md2 setup and the touchpad is acting weird.. the plow motor is not even connected...anyway ill hit the buttons a few times and the main solenoid clicks but then it dies and the red overload light comes on.. bad controller or bad solenoid?? i do not want to throw parts at it. any help is appreciated. thanks keith

2. JMHConstruction

JMHConstruction PlowSite.com Addict

Has the plow been on the truck and is just acting up, or did you just install on a new truck?

3. keith2001ram

It
    It

4. keith2001ram

it has been on the truck for years.. I only paid 2k for the whole setup so I took a chance..the plow was in the bed when I got it so I couldn't really test it.. seller had it serviced every year with receipts to back it up.. the pump was rebuilt about 5 years ago.i wanted to test the controller etc.. before I took the plow out of the bed.

It[/QUOTE]

5. keith2001ram

[/QUOTE

6. keith2001ram

Update...when I hit the left angle button the solenoid clicks fine.. can hit 20 times and no overload light. Once I hit any other button I might get one click or overload light comes on right away.. the left button is the white signal wire so I'm thinking solenoid is ok?? So seeing as the actual plow motor is NOT connected yet the. Controller thinks it's an overload and Trips the overload light.. when fully connected it should be fine?? I know hard to follow

7. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Control thinks something is wrong because there is no plow coil to activate when plow is disconnected. Left only operates plow motor, no valves, so control doesn't care about left when plow is disconnected.

8. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite Veteran

This, connect the plow, then test all operations.

9. keith2001ram

thanks for the replys ..just wanted to make sure the control and wiring were good before I took the plow out of the back of bed.. that is one heavy duty setup built like a tank. Makes sense though about plow motor not being hooked up cause the controller overload.