Snow Plowing Forum banner

Demon Wings Sponsor: "Thank you Plowsite members!

6K views 42 replies 21 participants last post by  Second Nature 
#1 ·
Good evening Gentlemen,

I have been a long time member here at Plowsite and now I am also a sponsor. This is my first post as a sponsor and I want to start by say thank you to all that have contributed to this site with their wisdom and knowledge of the snow plowing industry. I have learned a lot over the years from many of the members and hope to do the same in return. Again thank you! Thumbs Up

As I mentioned I am a sponsor of Demon Wings snow plow containment wings and I would like to share with you our new website www.DemonWings1.com Please visit it to learn about the Demon Wings. And by all means if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. I will do my best to answer you quickly and be as informative as possible.

Best,
Marco

#5 ·
Im not bashing your product but a good over veiw video or pictures would be a good idea so we can see and understand how they work.

#6 ·
erkoehler;1363657 said:
What's the main benefit to demon wings ($400+) over pro-wings ($200)?

I ask because I just bought two sets of pro wings this year.
Erkoehler,

Here are a few key benefits:

- Demon Wings create more of a snow pusher configuration, similar to what you might see on a skidsteer, allowing you to hold larger amounts of snow and significantly minimizing trail off.

- They are easier to install than pro wings, and do not require hols to be drilled in the mold board.

- They are made of UHMW, an incredibly strong polyethylene that is lite weight, impact resistant, abrasion resistant, and corrosion resistant. They are also very resilient, allowing them to flex without cracking.

- The wing rides all the way down to the pavement, unlike pro wings that uses a rubber piece at the bottom that is prone to flex backwards.

- They are designed to articulate thus automatically adjusting to the pavement contour.

- The wings trip over obstacles, such as curbs for instance, allowing you to push all the way up to the curb.

- They don't restrict your snow plows tripping action, allowing it to tripp as it should. A significant safety feature.

Hope the info helps.

Thanks!

#7 ·
Moonlighter;1363670 said:
In the first video it appeared that the wing was moving out from the blade under pressure of the snow, how long have these been tested for and in what other conditions?
Moonlighter,

You are correct, they do move, flex under pressure. They are designed to articulate and automatically adjust up and down. Additionally they are very resilient allowing them to flex under excessive pressure or impact. In doing so much of the impact/pressure is absorbed by the wings instead of being transferred to the plow and vehicle, minimizing potential damage or harm. Another significant safety feature.

They have been tested for 4 winters in real world conditions, plowing snow from 1 inch of accumulation up to 4+ feet of accumulation.

Thanks!

#8 ·
Mike S;1363840 said:
Im not bashing your product but a good over veiw video or pictures would be a good idea so we can see and understand how they work.
Mike S,

Good suggestion! Additional pictures/video will be in the making and will be upload on the website as soon as they are available. In the mean time, the installation manual available on the website may provide some insight. There are also several more videos you can view on YouTube. Thanks Mike!

~ Marco

#10 ·
Great idea.

Why during the install is a 1/2"-1" block of wood required to be placed under flat? Would this not leave a gap from surface to wing? I would think that would allow to leave a trail defeating the purpose of the wing???

How do they wear? Is there an adjustment point for when the cutting edge wears down or has to be replaced?

Have they been wear tested on gravel?
My worry would be after mounting them there is a gap under them from the wood block during install and after the cutting edge is replaced the adjustment for that point would be off with no real way to adjust except re-drilling the holes in another spot.

Any chance of a 75% discount for an area plower or future tester???

#12 ·
REAPER;1363978 said:
Great idea.

Why during the install is a 1/2"-1" block of wood required to be placed under flat? Would this not leave a gap from surface to wing? I would think that would allow to leave a trail defeating the purpose of the wing??? It raises the attachment point just enough to allow the bottom, rear edge of the wing to clear the pavement when the wing pivots. It also allows for compensation of cutting edge wear down and replacement of cutting edge The pivot point is located behind the cutting edge. When the wing rotates on the pivot point and lowers down to the pavement there is minimal to no gap remaining.

How do they wear? Is there an adjustment point for when the cutting edge wears down or has to be replaced? They are made of UHMW which has a high abrasion resistance and wears very well. There is no adjustment point for cutting edge wear down. the location of the attachment point, as mentioned above, and the self adjusting feature allow for variable in cutting edge wear down

Have they been wear tested on gravel?, No, not as of yet.
My worry would be after mounting them there is a gap under them from the wood block during install and after the cutting edge is replaced the adjustment for that point would be off with no real way to adjust except re-drilling the holes in another spot. Valid concerns. I hope I was able to explain sufficiently. Till now there has been no demand, however to address concerns of excessive wear shared by you and others, a bottom edge wear shoe is being developed using the same UHMW product.

Any chance of a 75% discount for an area plower or future tester??? payup I wish that could be work out some way. I know there are some reservations about this product, which is why there is a money back guarantee if you're not fully satisfied.
I hope the information is helpful.

Thanks!

#13 ·
SiLlY;1363994 said:
Saw this on youtube couple days ago. Surprised its not on the sponsors site.

SiLIY,

Thanks for posting the video link.The video is of a prototype but I think it does a good job showing the how the wings work. Another video is being made that will be cleaner and hopefully more informative. It will be added to the website as soon as its ready. Again thanks!

#14 ·
snow patrol;1364033 said:
SiLIY,

Thanks for posting the video link.The video is of a prototype but I think it does a good job showing the how the wings work. Another video is being made that will be cleaner and hopefully more informative. It will be added to the website as soon as its ready. Again thanks!
I came across it when i was surfing vids. I thought it was a pretty neat concept. Good enough for me to remember, ya know.. Glad to see its progressing. Good luck.

#15 ·
snow patrol;1363889 said:
Moonlighter,

You are correct, they do move, flex under pressure. They are designed to articulate and automatically adjust up and down. Additionally they are very resilient allowing them to flex under excessive pressure or impact. In doing so much of the impact/pressure is absorbed by the wings instead of being transferred to the plow and vehicle, minimizing potential damage or harm. Another significant safety feature.

They have been tested for 4 winters in real world conditions, plowing snow from 1 inch of accumulation up to 4+ feet of accumulation.

Thanks!
Thank you for responding so quickly, have any that you have sold or tested snapped off the mounts in any of the four years of testing and marketing? I am not trying to bash you or the product, some of my guys can be idiots when it comes to running my equipment.:crying: Glad to hear you are working on a wear shoe for it, would that be a replaceable wear shoe, or would we have to purchase new sets when they wear? I realize you may not have all that worked out, I do like the concept, but the price hurts a little. Any chance we would be able to demo a set before buying?

#16 ·
I think it's a great idea. Using a containment box for the first time last year, (a BX12), I can't believe how well it worked. This would definitely save some time over a conventional straight blade. As far as Prowings.....they kind of leave a lot to be desired, had them on a straight blade years and years ago and on a scale of 1-10 I would give them maybe a 3. As far as your product, I don't know what goes into making them but I would like to see how well they hold up after a year of hard plowing and the occasional impact at normal plowing speeds. If I ran straight blades I would seriously look into these. Thumbs Up

#19 ·
Moonlighter;1364115 said:
Thank you for responding so quickly, have any that you have sold or tested snapped off the mounts in any of the four years of testing and marketing?
No problem Moonlighter. None that I am aware of have ever snapped off. However, on one occasion during early testing, a passenger side wing came in direct contact with a 18" heavy retaining wall while plowing at high speed. The wing did not break but a vertical plow rib did bend. In all honesty, if the wing was not on and the plow hit the wall directly the same, if not more, damage would have occurred. Regardless, it did prompt a slight modification in the design. No issues since I am not trying to bash you or the product, some of my guys can be idiots when it comes to running my equipment.:crying: I know the feeling. Its the same with some of mine Glad to hear you are working on a wear shoe for it, would that be a replaceable wear shoe, or would we have to purchase new sets when they wear? The wear shoe is a separate piece that bolts on to the bottom of the wing, similar to a cutting edge, but also has a pivot point to allow for more precise contact with the pavement. I realize you may not have all that worked out, I do like the concept, but the price hurts a little. Any chance we would be able to demo a set before buying? I understand your reservations completely. After all its a relatively new product and unlike anything else on the market. But I truly believe in these and I truly believe you won't be disappointed. I don't think you're in the Chicago-land area so I'm not sure how I would be able to set up a demo for you, but if you have recommendations, please let me know. That said, I do offer a 100% money back guarantee, less shipping. If you're not fully satisfied simply return them within 14 days from when you receive them. I believe in them that much. That same guarantee is on the website on the purchase page. And for added piece of mind you know you can keep me honest because all you'd have to do is dispute the charges with your credit card company if for any reason I didn't live up to my word. Personally I think its better than a demo because you get to try them on your plow and on your accounts. Just something to think about.
Thank you!

#22 ·
Not something id use because I have wideouts but extremely cool idea you've got. Much nicer then pro-wings. Keep up the good work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.