Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever dealt with Ferrandino & Sons. I'm currently working up a contract with them middle of the season. My gut tells me there are some red flags with them. Anyone help me out with this?

·
Registered
461 Posts
Ammend the shat out of that contract. Add 85-90% to the price they quote you. All of it paid UPFRONT. Also get an authorized still in service corporate credit card from them on file for yourself. And make sure your ammended contract does not let them slip out of anything you want or need to get paid going forward.

Second thing. If you go through with this, and you get what you want, you and your company better dam well do what you say you can do and follow the contract. Your word and character is your world. We all know about F&S's reputation here. They have no character and they rarely honor their word.

If it was me, I don't care if F&S offered me a million to do a walmart lot this late in the season. I would never on earth work or sign a contract with them.

Seems you are in the drivers seat. They need you more than you need them. Make them pay for it in blood. It is almost the end of January. Who in the he!! was supposed to be doing the work they are offering you?

Things that make you go hmmmmm.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Has anyone ever dealt with Ferrandino & Sons. I'm currently working up a contract with them middle of the season. My gut tells me there are some red flags with them. Anyone help me out with this?
Some stepped on toes in any world.

I currently have some contracts with F&S, had them for 4 years now. Per push accounts. I wouldn't take seasonal with them. The per push gets me paid when they call because everything is about the radar and models with them.

OP what type of contract, what company is it for [post office, pharmacy, etc.]?

FYI do NOT take a Windstream contract. That client is bad news through F&S. Check the client for financial standing. F&S has a clause where if they don't get paid, you don't.

If you want to discuss particulars on them I've learned we can once I know what type of account you are looking into:
1. Protect yourself-photo the whole site in detail, get them to release you from liability for damage, etc. before you take over.
2. If there is snow, get them to pay to have you move it/haul it off to make the site the way you'd do it.
3. App track your servicing with GPS and photos, don't rely on their system.
4. Get everything approved in writing.

That said, we make a ton of money with them-I'm sure they make a ton off us.

·
Registered
244 Posts
And? Why don't they pay? I get paid.
You tell me. Did a one time emergency service for them on a Walmart because their contractor never showed up and in the end quit on them. We pulled on the lot with 11 pieces of equipment and three loaders and had the lot done in approximately 4 1/2 to 5 hours after the heavy snow we had on February 4. The previous contractor had pushed snow up against the doors and up against the building and up against the garage doors for the oil change center. We had a hell of a mess to deal with. That's why it took us so long. They promised payment within seven days and it never came. I called and called and called and keep getting the runaround. I would not work for them again no matter what or for any amount of money. I have two of my fellow contractors both of them got screwed by Ferrandino and sons! So, if you wanna work for them knock yourself out! I can give you the names of at least seven contractors that wouldn't touch their contracts with a 10 foot pole!

·
Registered
50,862 Posts
Ok good to know. Did you get the emergency service in Work Order form with a PO on it? Store manager sign the PO? Photos and app used on the site? If you did, perhaps I can give you some info on how to work it to get paid. Not getting paid sucks man, I just needed context.
That's a lot of crap to go through.

And why I work with people I can deal with face to face. And someone that will accept that we do the work without all kinds of BS backup documentation.

·
Registered
13,748 Posts
That's a lot of crap to go through.

And why I work with people I can deal with face to face. And someone that will accept that we do the work without all kinds of BS backup documentation.
You'd really have to spend your cashe and toss your cookies with all the checking in and reporting etc...

·
Registered
50,862 Posts
You'd really have to spend your cashe and toss your cookies with all the checking in and reporting etc...
I just did...some of it was a couple miles from the good guy with a gun in fact.

The new to me loader needed a couple tires patched as well.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I hear you fellas on the hassle BUT if what I've learned the hard way can help @SnowGuy get paid since he's done the work…

I enjoy the people who let me do my job without the bull crap. I've spent a lot of time cultivating clients on the construction end who are that way. Still getting there on the bigger snow stuff.

Snow, get me some info and maybe I can help man.

·
Registered
50,862 Posts
"Checking in on our app at the site didn't work? Did you try turning your phone off and then back on. again..."
C'mon man...it's user error...it's always user error.

'Specially when it's that one guy that always complains.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts