Snow Plowing Forum banner

DEADBEAT CLIENT

5K views 50 replies 22 participants last post by  1olddogtwo 
#1 ·
I have this customer who pays via net30 every 30 days or so, now, with the pandemic or whatever you want to call it, haven't been paid in over 45 days. I also have them as a summer customer for Landscaping always late but always pays. Question is do I keep plowing, stop, blackball them and tell every company that I know that they don't pay. The money they owe is not a ton but it's adding up. Any readable advice appreciated, also being that most big company are corps or LLC do I bring a suit against them and will I even get anything ultimately

#48 ·
Late to the game.

Common sense should apply here.

For the last year, many different parts of the commercial world have been clamoring about surviving in the Covid. Restaurants are one of the hardest one hit.

What were you thinking?

#51 ·
If my Newfie eats anymore drywall, I'm going to drop him off personal.

He's 180, should get a good Chinese buck and a couple of fortune cookies for his fat azz.....

#50 ·
Any samples you are using or have? Thanks
Here is what I have said before on other threads like this in the past.

If you need a conversation starter, use the line "I am in the process of cleaning up my books for _____________ (make up a reason ex: taxes, fiscal year, audit, what have you) and I noticed that you still have a few open invoices. Can you do me a favor and check to see if these have been paid on your end and we just have a clerical error on our end?"

If the invoices were forgot or missed by AP, this will typically get them taken care of.

IF this does not fix your issues, go to a polite insult. Send a statement with a hand written note on it that reads. "I am noticing that you are xx days past due on these invoices. Can you please get this account satisfied, if you cannot afford to pay your bill, please contact me personally and we would be happy to put you on a payment plan."

Most of the time, this will get you paid up as people will get the "of course I can afford that bill"

If they in fact cannot, then hopefully you can work with them and get them on a payment plan.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.