Snow Plowing Forum banner

Daniels Plow modifications to the hitch?

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Haden61 
#1 ·
Can anyone tell me what welding needs to be done when mounting a Daniels pull plow? I understand some welding needs to be done to the hitch, can anyone give me details on what is done, and will it effect anything else?

How does the Daniels do on brick pavers, or is it not adviseable?

Thanks
Jay

#2 ·
The ears for the draw bars must be welded to the cross tube of your class 3 or greater receiver hitch. If you are going to mount on to a round tube hitch you will have to make brackets for the ears to mount to. Doing pavers is no problem, just don't use too much down pressure. I'm not sure what you mean about will it effect anything else? E-mail me if you need any other install questions. John

#3 ·
There's a good chance it will void the warranty by the hitch manufacturer and any liability they might assume if anything happens to a trailer.

#4 ·
Daniels mod

I plow as a sub for a company that uses pull plows, they don't modify any part of the truck that would cause any warranty problems. Do a search and you should find them, another thing to look for is that they have a trip blade like a front plow. I have not seen in person how Daniels welds to the hitch myself. FYI Haden

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.