Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First,
I always enjoy coming on and reading posts, becuase I have the ability to gain some knowledge. This is my first year in my own equipment, and I have a unimount 7.5' straight blade. For a truck that is 18 years old, it does the job for the time being until I upgrade (Used 350 dump maybe Saturday)

Two things, they could be completely individual problems or related. I am not sure. I have my hunches, but those are like opinions, and well everyone has them.

Problem 1.
When I use my plow, i notice that I have an issue having the blade go left. When I say left, sometimes it moves (mostly when it is first used in a run), and as it warms up, going left stops. The only way to really counteract this is that I have to take the blade all the way to the right, and then it goes back. Question is, what part would cause that on the unit?

Problem 2, pictures below (I think).
I noticed the main cylinder leaking at the top after use. Not a ton, but enough to notice. Fluid level was almost unchanged, with minimal (less than the vertical fill area under the fill square bolt) fluid loss. Judging by the pictures, I would think that I need to take it apart and replace the parts in the ram section like that packing set and such (parts like 120ish on the parts list). Pretty handy most days, so if I am correct saying I need to replace all those parts, how difficult is it to do?

Blue circle is where I am noticing the leak coming from, green arrow is where I have the fluid "stream".
Thanks all!!

Liquid Drinkware Fluid Barware Drink
Tableware Drinkware Liquid Barware Fluid

· Registered
1,312 Posts
As for the leak, yes, for under $20 you can get the gasket set...can’t tell from the pics, but make sure your lift cylinder is smooth or it’ll end up screwing up the new gaskets again. A new cylinder isn’t too expensive if needed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.