cutting edges

paul soccodato

i have a 7 1/2' western pro-plow on an 89 f-350. the cutting edge is pretty worn and im going to change it soon. i would like some input on those urethane edges. how do they compare with the steel ones? can you plow brickpaver drives with them? can they take a beating? i did a lot of reading, and im impressed, but id like to hear from those of you that use them.
thanks

Snoworks

Paul - I switched to all u-edges last year, for all my plows, front and rear. After you break in the u-edge, you will not be disapointed. They work great on concrete, brick pavers, stone, asphalt, etc.

CGB

OP
P

paul soccodato

thanks for the reply. i know they are good, i was just concerned with the longevity and how well they hold up to impacts. also do they leave marks on say a brick paver driveway?
thanks

Snoworks

As far as longevity and wear; get 1/2" thicker than what the U-edge manufacture recomends. I bought several different sizes for same type plow just to test them. The 1" or greater had little, or no wear. If you went with less that 1", expect to see some were along the edges or even some spitting damage at the edges.

U-edges do not leave marks on any surface from what I have experienced.

CGB

Top Forums