Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today while cleaning up my plow and putting it away for the season I noticed some uneven cutting-edge wear. The outer ends of my Cutting Edge on both sides are wearing faster than the middle. My plow is an 8-foot super duty trip Edge straight blade. The plow has been used for two seasons and I only use it the plow my own driveway. Any idea what could be causing this? It is pretty noticeable when the plow is sitting on a flat surface there is probably a quarter inch gap on the outer edges of each side, directly below the plow markers. The middle section sits even.

· Super Moderator
43,555 Posts
I wonder if that has something to do with it. The center hole of my push beam is more like 18 in
That's a pretty big gap from what Boss recommends. Do you have a lift / leveling kit and or larger tires?
You should be able to drop the push beam to get you to the recommended height or very close to it.

· Super Moderator
43,555 Posts
Will 4 bolts be sufficient? Or should I add a couple more. And do you think dropping the push beam one hole will make a difference in my cutting-edge wear or the quality of scrape I get??
Is that 4 bolts per side or total? More fasteners the better oof you'll be.
The closer you can get to the geometry the plow was designed to operate you'll see improvements in wear and scrape quality.

· Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Tire Vehicle Wheel Car Automotive tire
Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Tire
4 bolts total is what I'm currently running. Here are some pictures of the plow all the way down. Truck is parked on a level surface. Also here is a picture of the push beam in its current state. I'm open to any advice, I'm not sure why I am so high my truck is only cranked up about 2 inchs in the front, just enough to eliminate the awful Factory rake. Thanks!

Hood Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Tire

Vehicle Automotive tire Road surface Automotive lighting Hood

Vehicle Automotive tire Road surface Automotive lighting Hood

· Premium Member
17,282 Posts
You can do the math (trig) or just see what it does.
Come on, you dont need trig for that.

Based on his description, his plow now is scoring a 5 out of 10 on the Cwren Cutting Edge Uneveness Scale (tm). He's at 2.5" above ideal right now so going down to 1" above will get him a 60% improvement, or all the way down to a 2 on the scale. Simple.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.