1. Podcast: Make Equipment Financing Work For Your Business
    The spring season is here, and if you’re a lawn care or landscape business owner planning to add or upgrade new equipment to your fleet, you’ll want to listen to Turf’s recent conversation with John Deere Financial about options in the market. Click here to listen
    Dismiss Notice

Cutting Edge adjustments

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Jagger, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Jagger

Jagger Junior Member
    from Canada

Hi All,
    New to the forum, just curious about adjustments to my Boss V plow. The feet are on the ground and the cutting edge is straight but almost 1/2” off the ground.
    This is my first Boss plow. Please don’t laugh too hard at me or at least don’t let me hear. My feelings are sketchy at best. Lol!!!

2. seville009

seville009 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CNY

When you say “feet”, do you mean the shoes? If so, that would keep the plow up high because that’s their function.

cwren2472 likes this.
  3. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

There should be washers that you can add or put on top of the shoes to adjust as needed.
    The purpose isnt as much to hold your cutting edge up as it is to disperse the weight of the blade from wearing it prematurely.
    Shhhh!(Most of us remove the shoes completely to get a better scrape.)

4. SHAWZER

SHAWZER PlowSite Veteran

There is a shoe in the center that adjusts the same way . Some guys don't even know 1 is there .