Snow Plowing Forum banner

customer appreciation

3K views 24 replies 11 participants last post by  IDOCTORTREES 
#1 ·
I don't know about you guys, but I feel that corporate America has really lost touch with the small guy who made them the big guy. In the years past, I have purchased 28-30 Boss plows. You would think that corporate would keep track of who is a major contractor for specific regional areas and cater to them a little more. With the cost of the plows, replacement blades, springs, pumps, etc., you would think that you would receive some recognition for your continued loyalty to their brand. This could be a repair kit, jacket, etc. Sure makes it difficult not to wear the competitor's clothing when I return to the shop and there it is with a card asking if they can help. :salute: Wade Dooley ARBOR-MEDIC TREE SERVICE, Bozeman MT

#3 ·
We bought well over 30 Case tractors in 12 years and when the last batch gave us nothing but problems Case corporate would do nothing. The dealer did what they could but when 4 tractors with less then 50 hours on them break down at the same time, there's not much they can do. The JD dealer was glad to come get them and bring new JD's to replace them. Sorry, a little off topic but I know exactly what you mean. :drinkup:

#9 ·
JD Dave;526769 said:
We bought well over 30 Case tractors in 12 years and when the last batch gave us nothing but problems Case corporate would do nothing. The dealer did what they could but when 4 tractors with less then 50 hours on them break down at the same time, there's not much they can do. The JD dealer was glad to come get them and bring new JD's to replace them. Sorry, a little off topic but I know exactly what you mean. :drinkup:
I think you doing just fine sir :salute:

#12 ·
kashman;527388 said:
I try 2 buy from people who are looking out for me not there pocket book. The way i see it is if you cant call me by name you just dont care . I do all my bizz with lesco for summer and automotive equipment company winter
I have a good dealing with JD in Avon lake, they always call me first when they are getting low on pallets of salt and they know that they are not going to have any in for a couple of days. I have been there number one buyer the last 3 years and it makes me feel good that they are looking out for my business. I have also done some business with AEC in the past and they are quick to get you a part if I am ever in a bind.

#19 ·
i dont think they thanked you either yet. i would go to your dealer and request the address to your regional Boss Rep. and right him a letter. I think its rediculous too that you have purchased that much equipment from boss and they havent really hooked you up with any deals or discounts here and there. does your dealer do anything for you like save you a few bucks here and there on oil, or cutting edges? i definately think you shold present this issue to boss.

#21 ·
My Dad always says,..........."Do business with people you can swing at if you need to!"

Dont buy off the internet, choose a dealer and hold them accountable. Good advice.:drinkup:

#22 ·
IDOCTORTREES;532384 said:
no dealer has not done anything???? :guns:
WOW. heck my dealer i havent spent nearly as much money as you and they treat me really good and always hook me up and go way out of there way to help me. if i buy some oil they always knock a few bucks off the price and such. figure all the money you spend on 25+ plows, maintaining them, cutting blades, oil. heck you think the dealer would be doing all he could to keep you his customer.

#24 ·
IDOCTORTREES;526740 said:
I don't know about you guys, but I feel that corporate America has really lost touch with the small guy who made them the big guy. In the years past, I have purchased 28-30 Boss plows. You would think that corporate would keep track of who is a major contractor for specific regional areas and cater to them a little more. With the cost of the plows, replacement blades, springs, pumps, etc., you would think that you would receive some recognition for your continued loyalty to their brand. This could be a repair kit, jacket, etc. Sure makes it difficult not to wear the competitor's clothing when I return to the shop and there it is with a card asking if they can help. :salute: Wade Dooley ARBOR-MEDIC TREE SERVICE, Bozeman MT
I'm a Boss man too--that really,really sucks---at the very least a Boss coffee mug for each of the 30 trucks you own.I remember Snoway used to offer that.I remember your town being mentioned 20+ years ago on Kojak when he over-stepped his authority and some FBI mucky-muck told him he would be lucky to have a new location in Bozeman,MT:p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.