Snow Plowing Forum banner

Curtis Snowplow

7K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  2003 F250 
#1 ·
We are extremely pleased to be a new part of plowsite.com. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks! ;)

#4 ·
jesus thank god we finally got curtis onboard, glad to have you man.

as a matter of fact i do have a question about my plow, when i went to out the plow on this year the hydrolic jack stand thing was downand it took me an ass load of time to line it up right and get it on, now it doesnt work at all just stays up, all my up,down,left,right works for the plow just not the jackstand, any ideas???

#8 ·
BobW;339337 said:
I tried to post this yesterday, but it never showed up so I'll try again. What size plow do you recommend for a Ford 1920 tractor (32 hp)? Thank you.
I replied to this above.

THEGOLDPRO

You may have a problem with the Jack Stand Soleniod Valve. It has its own valve. Give our Techical Support a call 800-343-7676 and they can walk you through a couple trouble-shooting tips.

Thanks.

#9 ·
dbreault;338756 said:
We are extremely pleased to be a new part of plowsite.com. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks! ;)
Hi Dave, I'm glad to see Curtis Plows join the forum! I bought my plow at the factory outlet last year and I mentioned this site to Joe over there. He's a great guy, very helpful.
Any way hope to talk again soon.

Mak.

#10 ·
Glad to see you guys here at last. I have a question for your techies...

I had a 7.5 ft Curtis 3000 on my '02 Chevy 1500 and was very pleased with it. After a couple years I traded up to an '06 Chevy 2500HD and an 8' Curtis 3000. My local dealer checked with HQ and was told the harness was the same, but the headlight adapters were different. So he transferred the harness from the old truck to the new one, and installed the new adapters. Love the plow, but the install did funky things to my lighting. Basically ever since the installation my roof lights come on with the headlights no matter how many times I press the roof light switch on the dash. Makes no difference if the plow is mounted or not. If the headlights aren't on, neither are the roof lights. I suppose it's better than having no lights at all, but I sure would like the option of running at night without being lit up like a Christmas tree.

Any suggestions?

Pete

#11 ·
Boondox;339602 said:
Glad to see you guys here at last. I have a question for your techies...

I had a 7.5 ft Curtis 3000 on my '02 Chevy 1500 and was very pleased with it. After a couple years I traded up to an '06 Chevy 2500HD and an 8' Curtis 3000. My local dealer checked with HQ and was told the harness was the same, but the headlight adapters were different. So he transferred the harness from the old truck to the new one, and installed the new adapters. Love the plow, but the install did funky things to my lighting. Basically ever since the installation my roof lights come on with the headlights no matter how many times I press the roof light switch on the dash. Makes no difference if the plow is mounted or not. If the headlights aren't on, neither are the roof lights. I suppose it's better than having no lights at all, but I sure would like the option of running at night without being lit up like a Christmas tree.

Any suggestions?

Pete
I would get some holy water and a young priest! ;) No, just kidding, I think that was in a movie or something. I showed one of our techs, he wasn't sure if it was the roof beacon, marker lights or rear bed light that you were talking about. I would give them a call at 800-343-7676 and see what trouble-shooting they can do.

Thanks.

#12 ·
Welcome aboard, Dave!

I had a 7.5' Curtis 3000 on my '02 Chevy 1500 RCLB. Liked it so much I traded up to an eight footer when I got my '06 Chevy 2500HD RCLB. But I have a weird issue maybe you or your techies could help with.

My local dealer checked with Curtis Tech and determined the wiring harness on my 1500 would work fine on my 2500 with a different set of headlight adapters. So that's what they did. Only now my roof lights come on automatically when the headlights come on. The roof light switch on the dash does nothing at all. If the headlights are off, the roof lights are off. But the moment the headlights come on, the roof lights come on. Nothing I do will turn them off.

I suppose the alternative (no lights at all) is worse, but it sure would be nice to have my lights work as originally designed. Any ideas?

TIA, Pete

#14 ·
Hard to find parts

Hi David,
I have a Sno-Pro 2000. Plow was on truck when I bought it. I have had lots of plows but this is the first Curtis I have had. It has been hard to find parts, manuals & information on the 2000 series. I have one dealer about 50 miles from me, he has parts for the 3000 but not the 2000. Any place I can get parts or information.
Thanks!

#15 ·
Vulcanclassic15;365955 said:
Hi David,
I have a Sno-Pro 2000. Plow was on truck when I bought it. I have had lots of plows but this is the first Curtis I have had. It has been hard to find parts, manuals & information on the 2000 series. I have one dealer about 50 miles from me, he has parts for the 3000 but not the 2000. Any place I can get parts or information.
Thanks!
We still maintain and decent parts inventory for our 2000 series plows. It is probably unlikely that a local dealer would have those in stock though (short of the wear items). Any of our dealers can order those parts from us and if needed drop-ship them to you if they are out of your way. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.