Cummins 12 Valve Balancer Bolt spacing needed.

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by TJS, Oct 28, 2019.

1. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Working on my buddies 95 2500 12 V cummins he just got. We are cobbling a plow together. He also is doing "KDP" on it. Anyway. He has a belt driven Fisher pump and cable valve set up(yes old school). I got an ebay lower pulley and the pic did not look right so I contacted the seller (before buying it) to verify that the lower drive pulley will fit this application (he assured me it was for my application). Well I get the pulley and not even close. So I have decided to adapt a Chevy Big block accessory pulley to the cummins balancer. Need to machine a spacer out of 4" round stock. I have the bolt spacing for the Chevy pulley (3.200"). Anybody have the bolt spacing for the 4 bolt holes in the Dodge Cummings 12 valve. I have the balancer in hand and can measure off of that using gauge pins if needed but I figure I would ask here. Please don't responds by saying get a SHEP pump or insta-act. We know this.

2. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite Fanatic

Can't help you there, but check and tighten all the bolts for the gear housing. I'm sure some will be loose.

TJS likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Yes we did and locktite too. The "KDP" was not done.

4. OP
    OP
    TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Ok. I have the answer. Well umm, to the best of my measuring ability. I came up with a bolt circle of 1.750". I will be machining a spacer shortly. Oh by the way Storks plow people do not know what pulley they are selling for a cummins. It is NOT the crank pulley. It is a pulley that goes on the fan pulley. However even if you put it on the fan pulley there are only 3 threads left for the big 36MM fan nut to attach. No thanks. I will make my own spacer to adapt a Big Block chevy accessory pulley. I have like 5 of those.

512high likes this.
  5. OP
    OP
    TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

I finally got Storks to look at their fopar. I must have went back and forth with them at least 6 times with pics. They gave me the fisher library PDF and the pulley in that PDF showed the lower pulley with 4 bolt holes and stand offs(this is not what is listed on their site nor on their ebay page) . They also sent me a pic of an old Diamond catalogue that shows this pulley I received. It clearly shows this pulley resides on the fan pulley, but once again, not enough threads for the large fan clutch nut, for me anyway. I will make a new post on the spacer I am making that will use any Chevy v belt accessory lower pulley with the 3.200 bolt spacing.
    cumminspulley1.jpeg
    cumminspulley2.jpeg