crew cab long bed

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Rubber City Landscaping, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Rubber City Landscaping

Rubber City Landscaping Member

Im in the market for a new or lightly used f250. Im looking for a crew cab, short bed and i stumble upon a 2019 f350 cc long bed 6.2l gas with 2,000 miles on it and the dealer want $41,850. I really wanted a f250 short bed but im just getting into snow removal(2 years ago) and don't have a vbox spreader yet but sooner (thinking next year) i think ill need one so im thinking a f350 long wouldn't be a bad idea for growth with my business but how terrible is it going to be to plow with a crew cab, long bed. Ill be putting my brand new 8'2' DXT on it. any thoughts on my situation or experiences with cc long bed would be great.

2. EWSplow

EWSplow PlowSite Fanatic

JMO: It depends on the lots you are plowing. The spread out wheels sucks for getting into tight spots. Its difficult to get around light poles, etc.
    I have an extended cab long box and that's too long in many cases. Even when doing driveways, you have to back blade further. Fortunately, I have a jeep to get into tighter lots, etc.
    On a plus side, the long box will hold a bigger spreader. There aren't many 7' or shorter spreaders available.
    Also, would you get more use from a long, or short box in the off season?

BUFF likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    Rubber City Landscaping

I would definitely benefit more in the off season with a long bed im in neo and my plow season is really only 3-4 months so thats why im leaning twords a cc long bed

4. EWSplow

EWSplow PlowSite Fanatic

I take it you need the crew cab for family, etc.
    I'm not sure how much longer a crew cab is than an extended cab.

5. OP
    OP
    Rubber City Landscaping

Its more for me than family. i keep a tone of stuff in the back of my truck: yard signs, extra cloths, door hangers, hand tools (i run an open trailer so tools that i use to maintain my mowers stay in the truck), cases of water...

6. EWSplow

EWSplow PlowSite Fanatic

Lol, I took the back seat out of my ford extended cab years ago for that reason.
    When I was a kid, a friend of mine's older brother took the back seat out of his 68 impala to haul his YZ80 to motocross races. Tools and fuel went in the trunk.