Crazy Contracts

Gtep

I received a contract from Shields Facilities Maintenance. I have never worked with these guys before and don't have any intentions of proceeding any further than an email conversation. I just don't understand how these companies are in business.

Store managers know more about when to salt or not to salt more than me? Oh, and I need a separate work order created, to do so.

· It is important to remember, you MAY NOT salt without a prior approval from Speedway and an accompanying work order number.

· A separate, additional work order is required to salt sidewalks

· All services must be completed using the app. This app utilizes real-time photos and a signature from a Speedway Store Manager on your location enabled smart phone.

Ah and the "store manager" has to sign off. There are so many excuses these companies can make up to not pay.

O and my favorite! You give up your mechanics lien rights against all associated parties.

Read those contracts before you dot your I's and cross your T's !!

ktfbgb

PlowSite Veteran
I received a contract from Shields Facilities Maintenance. I have never worked with these guys before and don't have any intentions of proceeding any further than an email conversation. I just don't understand how these companies are in business.

Store managers know more about when to salt or not to salt more than me? Oh, and I need a separate work order created, to do so.

· It is important to remember, you MAY NOT salt without a prior approval from Speedway and an accompanying work order number.

· A separate, additional work order is required to salt sidewalks

· All services must be completed using the app. This app utilizes real-time photos and a signature from a Speedway Store Manager on your location enabled smart phone.

Ah and the "store manager" has to sign off. There are so many excuses these companies can make up to not pay.

O and my favorite! You give up your mechanics lien rights against all associated parties.

Read those contracts before you dot your I's and cross your T's !!

This horse has been beaten to death for the last several years. They are in business because snow plowing has virtually zero barriers to entry. there is always some idiot brand new to plowing willing to work for a NSP at a loss, because they have no idea what their numbers are.There are guys on here that have had success plowing for the NSP’s because they know their numbers and know if they can make any money with the particular contract or not. And they have spent the time required to learn how to navigate the different apps, etc. But for the most part the NSP’s know that there is always someone who will do it for pennies because they dont know any better.

MSsnowplowing

PlowSite.com Addict
This horse has been beaten to death for the last several years. They are in business because snow plowing has virtually zero barriers to entry. there is always some idiot brand new to plowing willing to work for a NSP at a loss, because they have no idea what their numbers are.There are guys on here that have had success plowing for the NSP’s because they know their numbers and know if they can make any money with the particular contract or not. And they have spent the time required to learn how to navigate the different apps, etc. But for the most part the NSP’s know that there is always someone who will do it for pennies because they dont know any better.

I was contacted by a NSP this year to bid on several targets in my area and post offices.

Ran my numbers and sent them in.
All the targets they only wanted to pay $25,000 for a $50,000 dollar season. Needless to say I didn't bother.

For the post office areas they liked my numbers but refused to budge on my blizzard clause or any other service call.
They told me they could bump up the price by $300 on each one but I would have to take out the clause's in my contract.
Again, I declined.

Don't need the work that bad, it's either my way or the highway and if they don't like it find someone else.

Top Forums