Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
6,266 Posts
If you mean, to put the V plow on the truck setup only for the straight blade, you'll need a new control harness, 26346 and connector socket 56496
As I recall the Ezv control harness works on both the v & straight plow CW. I did this when I upgraded from the relay setup.

· Premium Member
17,282 Posts
As I recall the Ezv control harness works on both the v & straight plow CW. I did this when I upgraded from the relay setup.
You are correct, it does. That's why on his first truck that is setup for the EZ-V already, all he needs is the adapter to connect the straight blade controller to operate either truck.

On the other truck with the 3 pin setup that currently only operates the straight blade, he would have to upgrade the harness to the 7 pin to have the ability to operate the EZ-V on it.

· Registered
6,266 Posts
You are correct, it does. That's why on his first truck that is setup for the EZ-V already, all he needs is the adapter to connect the straight blade controller to operate either truck.

On the other truck with the 3 pin setup that currently only operates the straight blade, he would have to upgrade the harness to the 7 pin to have the ability to operate the EZ-V on it.
oh gotcha, sorry, I didn't see that part.

· Registered
1,172 Posts
That would allow being able to run the V on either one. If they are going to stay the "new" way only, you could just swap the control harnesses and then have no out of pocket. The 7 pin control harness isnt cheap

· Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the help. I bought a 1995 gmc 1500 that came with the V plow and I have a 2001 chevy 2500 with a fisher straight balde RD. The V plow is to heavy for the 1995 gmc so if I can like to swap them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.