Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 8.6 fisher extreme V that I use on my 2010 ford f250. I want to convert it for use on my skid steer, anyone know of any threads on how to? Also wondering if it is possible to retain the plows ability to be used on the truck and the skid? Thanks for any advice, Jim

· Registered
4,305 Posts
that's a tough one,you'll have to mount a push beam on a skid plate,then wire in plow to run off skids 12 volt power. I don't know how you would get the proper wiring to match up with the skids electrical,lights etc.which module etc.I suppose someone with a good electrical background may have a viewpoint.

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you guys for the advice, those threads on the subject are awesome. I was thinking I could buy any valve box or needed electrics from fisher, like spare parts. Then it would be matched up for that blade.

· Registered
295 Posts
The real question is how many amps is the skid steers alternator? 100-120a and below it most likely wont be enough to keep up with an electric plow.

hooking up the hydraulics i see a very expensive electricly controller valve body needed.

I dont really see the need for a Inverted V on a skid steer so you would prob use scoop and streight the most? You could just weld a old streight blade on with some side wings.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.