1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

    Dismiss Notice

Contracts, Return Visits, Need Advise!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by bigjeeping, Aug 28, 2005.

  1. bigjeeping

    bigjeeping Senior Member
    Messages: 678

    As I am drafting my contracts, I have one major question. I do have an attorney who will review the contract before I start distributing it.

    QUESTION - for residential drives, do you charge full price for a return visit during the storm? If not, what is reasonable? 50% of price, 75%? Do you salt again the second time?

    Let me know what you do!
  2. The Boss

    The Boss 2000 Club Member
    Messages: 2,099

    Everytime my blade hits the ground, they get billed.
  3. bigjeeping

    bigjeeping Senior Member
    Messages: 678

    Will the customers get pissed if you bill them $50 for one snow.
    That would be $25 per clearing, 2 clearings.

  4. bigjeeping

    bigjeeping Senior Member
    Messages: 678

    Heres My Conract Take A Look!!!!

    It will need plenty of revisions before I submit it to my attorney. I'm not going to pay $150/hour to her if I dont think it's already in top shape!

    I think I will add a "customer's responsibilities" section under "our responsibilities"

    LET me know what you think about the contract, and my policies.

    Attached Files:

  5. The Boss

    The Boss 2000 Club Member
    Messages: 2,099

    That looks good if that's what fits your needs. No offense but I personally could not operate off of that contract.
  6. bigjeeping

    bigjeeping Senior Member
    Messages: 678

    Ok well help me out... what wouldn't work for you? recommendations please
  7. pbeering

    pbeering Senior Member
    Messages: 266

    This is overkill for what you propose to do. You need a one page service agreement. Go to one of the office supply places or to McBee (www.mcbeeinc.com), or NEBS and get a service order. Add your plowing data in the service box and add some fine print about collection allowances. Then have your attorney review/tweak the fine print.

    I doubt anyone will sign this sort of agreement, (and I would not draft such an instrument if you came into my law office), at least not to have the drive plowed or the grass cut.