• PlowSite Homepage Upgrade

Hello again PlowSite community,

I wanted to post a quick note to let you know that the homepage of PlowSite will experience a major upgrade next week. We’re always looking for ways to improve our users’ experience on the site, and felt that this upgrade was needed and long overdue.

With this upgrade, you’ll now see the top trending posts as soon as you visit PlowSite, and these will be updated throughout the day. You can also easily access videos and photos. As always, we encourage you to include videos and photos in your own posts to share with your fellow PlowSite users.

Be assured that all of the forums, content and data that you’ve been accustomed to will remain intact, as will all current site features. You’ll also be able to easily access the full list of forums directly from our new homepage.

We’re excited to bring you this change, and look forward to hearing your feedback.

Thanks, PlowSite Team

Constant Velocity Joint

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

2000 Club Member
Does anyone know where I can get a constant velocity joint for a 2003 ford f-250. I dont want to get it from ford because it is almost $300. I called a place where I get stuff for dealer price and they cant get one all they can get is a rebuild kit and it isnt even the right one.

Redneck

If it was me Id spend the extra few bucks and buy the ford unit. When it come to anything like that Im a firm believer in using factory part, theres cheap aftermarket stuff out there but when you think about it do you want China handling propulsion? JMO

snowman2025

we go to a place called Powertrain for all of our stuff like that. Its here in Indiana, but I'm sure you guys would have something like it up there. If you talk to a couple of mechanic shops and ask where they get their driveshafts redone and rear ends you might be able to find something.

djagusch

2000 Club Member
I just had the pass side cv joint replaced about $300 installed. New dust sheild for the axle end and all with Ford parts.

yamaguy

festerw;518663 said:
Usually on the driveshaft also known as double cardan joints basically two u-joints stuck together with a carrier in between.
Yea there double cardian joints, not cv! I also hear guys calling the axle u-joints cv's... silly rookies!:dizzy:

snowman2025

on the driveshaft that goes from the transfer case to the front axle they are called Constant Velecity Joint. There is something fancy about them. Not exactly sure what but there is a Ball of some sort in there.

I'm slight inebriated...sorry if it doesn't make sense

AbsoluteH&L

snowman2025;518886 said:
on the driveshaft that goes from the transfer case to the front axle they are called Constant Velecity Joint. There is something fancy about them. Not exactly sure what but there is a Ball of some sort in there.

I'm slight inebriated...sorry if it doesn't make sense
:drinkup::drinkup:no snow in the near future I guess lol
Yeah my 01 F150 7700 is a strange beast. It has cv's but a heavier duty suspension.

snowman2025

AbsoluteH&L;519105 said:
:drinkup::drinkup:no snow in the near future I guess lol
Yeah my 01 F150 7700 is a strange beast. It has cv's but a heavier duty suspension.
yea...the last 3 snows they said were coming they predicted 6 - 12 inches and we ended up getting a whopping dusting......so not much hope held out for the future here.

So anyway, I know on my dads 99 F-550 the front driveshaft was a constant velocity joint, not a regular u-joint

stangman35

Hey snowman2025 it isnt a cv joint,alot of people call them that but there not.Its just eaiser than calling them by there real name.

We just got the whole front drive shaft for your dads 550 from ford.
If I remember right it wasnt to bad of a deal to just buy the whole shaft insted of just the joints.

:D:drinkup: