Connecticut

HD61CUIN

I was just in CT last week for business, and I just wanted to say thanks! This was the first time in CT, you all did a wonderful job with the ice/snow storm that rolled through last week. I don't know where most of you are from and where you plow but if I happened across one of your accounts...good job!

I attended a seminiar at Honeywell/Notifier Co. in North Haven. I was in the state for a week. I visited many areas while in town, from a HD dealer west of New Haven to Hartford where I flew out. I visited many resturants off of I 91, while staying at Fairfield Inn at exit 15.

The adventurous type that I am ventured out that night of the storm for dinner rather than ordering a pizza in. The parking lots were top notch....felt like being back home. Execpt I would be salting/plowing. I have to say though there are alot of Meyers plows running around in your state....a change from the red Western and Boss plows here.

Will

snowplowjay

Banned
u say exit 15 off of 91 so you were in Meriden then ????

I plow in meriden and so does MDB he plows the mobil station on the end of bee street the road in which Fairfield suites is on.

I am also a non meyer guy meyer is a four letter word to me

Jay

OP
H

HD61CUIN

There is a heavy usage of sand out there, it was everywhere. I ate at Lido's off exit 16 the night it was snowing. There were quite a few plow trucks in the parking lot. Being from Chicago, I got to say your pizza out there ain't too good. At least at Lido's that is. Seafood now that is good out there!

OP
H

HD61CUIN

Now,now,now I didn't have the chance to go to New York and have one of your pies. All I can say is the Sausage and Meatball large at Lido's...well we will leave it there. It looked like the meatballs and sausage got ran over by one of the plow trucks. Tasted like it too-heh he hee

chrisby316

Now now it all depends on where you go for pizza around here. Oh yeah and we do tend to use an excessive amount of sand out here. If we don't people don't think we did anything. If we just put down salt they think that the ice melted on its own. The sand is for "traction" AKA coloring!

snowplowjay

Banned
hey HD61CUIN you shoulda told me i live right down the street oh and by the way i coulda told you LIDOS SUCKS THEY CANT MAKE PIZZA now Sal's down the street is good pizza. I think i should print these posts out and bring them to LIDOS to prove that i am not the only one who thinks his food sucks.

Jay

Hey next time your in CT let me know.

YES WE SEEM TO ENJOY SAND HERE TOO. Gov Roland decided to lay off all the DOT workers and buy a whole messa sand instead for the winter i guess.

OP
H

HD61CUIN

Well I was at the Honeywell/Notifier school for a week. I had to loosen my belt, there was so much good food in your area. I enjoyed Dakotas...USS Chowder House near Hartford and a few others. I got a chance to visit Brothers HD, last minute xmas shopping. I really did enjoy my time there. The odd thing though, all the bars/resturants we went to we asked for an MGD...the response was.... huh? So we said Miller Genuine Draft? the response 9 outta 10 times was "we have Bud". There was a real nice bar in Wallingford near the train station we had many a good drinks there!

Top Forums