1. Is Landscaping An “Essential Business” In Your Region?
    Read the timely article from Turf addressing this question. Click here to learn more.

COVID-19 Safety Procedures For Landscapers
    As you are working out in the field, maximize safety for you, your crews, and customers. Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

*****Connecticut Weather*****

Discussion in 'Weather' started by LR3, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

You guys thinking a salt run tonight?..

2. aclawn

aclawn 2000 Club Member
    from SWCT

I would plan on it, with the cold coming on back side.AM SALT.
    Boston ma area could see 1-3"
    right now here SWCT wet roads and cars have a dusting on them.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2016
  3. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

Where about are you where the roads are wet?...

4. aclawn

aclawn 2000 Club Member
    from SWCT

ffld county on the coast
    lawn and car are cover, coming down very light mix.
    ck this link pretty cool.click and zoom in to your area.https://mping.ou.edu/display/
    also there and app. that you can do reporting.This is part of NOAA.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2016
  5. SnowFakers

SnowFakers Senior Member
    from CT

Grass and cars are covered but roads and sidewalks are bare. Thinking its a bust for me. Seeing precip only last another 60-90 minutes if im lucky

6. ProEnterprises

ProEnterprises Senior Member
    from CT

Where are you located?

7. aclawn

aclawn 2000 Club Member
    from SWCT

i think the wet lot are going to freeze up, temp are going drop 25 -30f overnight

8. SnowFakers

SnowFakers Senior Member
    from CT

Shoreline just outside new haven

9. sectlandscaping

sectlandscaping Senior Member

I got a 1/4 on one drive and close to 1/2 on another. Gonna wait about a hour or so and do site checks. Looks like a salt run.

10. OP
    OP
    LR3

LR3 Senior Member

I just got back from from salting. Still have the crew out clearing and salting walkways.

11. BillyRgn

BillyRgn Senior Member

Backpack blower time of dusting

12. SnowFakers

SnowFakers Senior Member
    from CT

Wow, woke up at 5am to nothing, went back to bed and got up at 7:30 to see a dusting to maybe 1/2" on the ground in a few spots. Scrambled a bit but got out and only did a few places with bad hills. Rest of the people will be fine

13. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

Yup. Me too
    Chineses fire drill at my place this morning. Lol..

14. SnowFakers

SnowFakers Senior Member
    from CT

HAHAHA! Driving around I saw alot of snow covered lots, think this caught alot of people off guard!

15. OP
    OP
    LR3

LR3 Senior Member

No doubt it did. I saw a lot of the same.

16. aclawn

aclawn 2000 Club Member
    from SWCT

Magic salt does miracles.Thumbs Up lay it down before the snow squall, coming from NWCT at 5am, went bk 8am everything was down to asphalt.
    A little test to what to come, everything is line up for weekend.something to watch. it a monster.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
  17. sectlandscaping

sectlandscaping Senior Member

We only had a half inch here. The TV news said 2" and had me checking places for no reason. I was one of the only trucks out without a plow. I seen a lot of lots plowed and some were untouched. I salted my lots/walks at 1am and by the ride home everything was black top.

18. aclawn

aclawn 2000 Club Member
    from SWCT

They took the reading on lawn.LOL

19. AccuCon

AccuCon Senior Member
    from CT

This was a very random one...Some places got a dusting, some got none, some down the road got an 1"...I didnt get anything and usually I do, it was so cold in my spots the little snow just blew off the pavement itself...

However whats on tap for this weekend could be very nice, finally....I mean all of the models are showing it like every single one... JMA, ECMWF, NAVGEM, GFS, NAM, Canadian GEM etc. all have it

20. leigh

leigh PlowSite Veteran
    from CT

Crazy day! Went out and salted for 3 hrs before a scheduled day of oil tank removal .Got done and heading to shop to meet my friends crew to load up bobcat and excavator.That was a crazy snow squall,zero visibility!!.Had to cancel job,call in 2 sidewalk guys and "borrow a load of treated salt from another contractor(I was all out) Glad the sun came out,it burned it off in a couple hours.Could have snuck a plowing in but all the other trucks were on jobs by then.I learned lesson,keep 20 tons on hand at all times.aclawn is correct,that magic salt is awesome.