1. Is Landscaping An “Essential Business” In Your Region?
    Read the timely article from Turf addressing this question. Click here to learn more.

COVID-19 Safety Procedures For Landscapers
    As you are working out in the field, maximize safety for you, your crews, and customers. Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

*****Connecticut Weather*****

Discussion in 'Weather' started by LR3, Nov 13, 2015.

1. AccuCon

AccuCon Senior Member
    from CT

[​IMG]

Just got a trial for WeatherBELL shall see how it pans out may spend 20 bucks a month for the winter...Anyways looks like possibility for something this weekend really is temp dependent on what it does...

2. leigh

leigh PlowSite Veteran
    from CT

At this point looks like a cold rain for most,especially those of us on coast.Maybe a little freezing rain northen ct,but its still far out.Lot of warm air coming with this one.

3. AccuCon

AccuCon Senior Member
    from CT

I wouldn't be so sure of that with a weakening NAO heading negative along with the weakening MJO cold weather may be abundant. Also once the cold air gets in it is a lot harder for the warm air to push it back since cold air is more dense....Next week should be interesting the models seem to be making similar errors and I think we are going to see more cold then expected...Looks like winter may start happening this weekend on...We shall see as it gets closer and the models start to validate...

Just saw some new updates and its looking more promising..though as for CT goes it seems more north of 84...

4. aclawn

aclawn 2000 Club Member
    from SWCT

:eek: 15th to 18th!

5. AccuCon

AccuCon Senior Member
    from CT

Looks like a possibility for a salt run late Friday night/ Saturday morning....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

Thinking maybe a salt run tomorrow (Monday ) morning after this rain ends?
    Gonna be 29 at 5am and just at and below freezing all day tomorrow .

Maybe the winds will dry it up?

Def puddles will freeze.

7. leigh

leigh PlowSite Veteran
    from CT

I'm thinking(hoping) it will dry up.rain looks to end early enough to dry up before temps fall.Hope so,I used up my leftover salt from last year so I'm all out.Murphys law scenario.

8. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

wow this would have been a nice snowstorm

9. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

so not much to speak of tonight - maybe an inch in portions of the state. might be a salt run for some.

what about this weekend? there was talk of something earlier. is it going to be rain again?

10. leigh

leigh PlowSite Veteran
    from CT

I'm in swct,today looks like some lite rain/snow showers temp in 40's.At this point this weekend looks like all rain,they have a little freezing rain in the middle of the night,temps 40's.Be nice to see what a snowflake looks like!

11. SnowFakers

SnowFakers Senior Member
    from CT

Im in, tonight looks like a bust, not so sure about the weekend though

12. AccuCon

AccuCon Senior Member
    from CT

If you are in the Northwest hills tonight should be something possibly even a push...CT river valley sint looking so good and the shoreline is on the naughty list, isnt getting shizzle...

Maine and NY are def getting in on some fun

[​IMG]

13. FordFisherman

from 06611

wow what a difference a year makes, huh?

14. OP
    OP
    LR3

LR3 Senior Member

The only difference is temperature. We didn't get snow till the 27th. Then it didn't stop till March 5th.

15. sectlandscaping

sectlandscaping Senior Member

and the 22cd the year before. I believe the year before that was mid january too.

16. FordFisherman

from 06611

You sure about those dates? I had a push on Jan 9 and 24th then it kept coming from there. What I meant was the weather patterns are completely different. This season we have a "split flow" with dual low pressure systems. The lows that are cutting up into the great lakes are robbing the cold air from our coastals. Next storm this weekend looks like the same set up. Not good.

17. leigh

leigh PlowSite Veteran
    from CT

Checked last jan invoices in qb,I had a 1-3" on the 9-10, a 4-6" on the 24th and a 7-10 on the 27th,so we're still early in this silly game. One thing to remember,many are thinking these above average years are the norm.Here in swct our average is around 25".More than doubled that last year and destroyed it that year of the 38" storm from hell.:cry:

18. SnowFakers

SnowFakers Senior Member
    from CT

Little snow right now, wont add up.

19. fireside

fireside PlowSite.com Addict

On the coast we only really have 6 weeks left. It's really not looking good in the long range. This season reminds me of 08 we only plowed February 14 10" of concrete that froze. Than March 3 we all stole a plow that day. That's it for the season.

20. SnowFakers

SnowFakers Senior Member
    from CT

I think 6 weeks left is a little short left, but last year we were plowing twice a week, maybe more so im really not worried yet.