1. Is Landscaping An “Essential Business” In Your Region?
    Read the timely article from Turf addressing this question. Click here to learn more.

COVID-19 Safety Procedures For Landscapers
    As you are working out in the field, maximize safety for you, your crews, and customers. Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

*****Connecticut Weather*****

Discussion in 'Weather' started by LR3, Nov 13, 2015.

1. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Yup, but it looks like we have some good chances for snow coming up in the next few weeks.

2. leigh

leigh PlowSite Veteran
    from CT

Winter weather advisory for inland areas,I'll sit this one out on coast,have fun if it actually sticks!

3. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

I'd be surprised if it sticks south of 84. Maybe on the grass north of it
    But hey. The weather man is always wrong.
    Who knows.

4. BillyRgn

BillyRgn Senior Member

Subscribed

5. leigh

leigh PlowSite Veteran
    from CT

Southern Fairfield and southern New Haven now in advisory zone.Only to 6 am though.Looks like rain coming early enough so am conditions should be ok.Might try to sneak a pretreat in and if anyone complains explain I have to be proactive not reactive.(hows that sound lol) They also don't have temps below freezing on coast so this is about as minor as an event could be.We'll see.

6. AccuCon

AccuCon Senior Member
    from CT

I see a salt run in for just about everyone commercial north of 84...Other than that anyone's best guess

7. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

We're prob gonna pre salt an hour before scheduled to fall. Hopefully it will burn off and not freeze up as it falls.
    Slights chance we may have to scrape.

8. leigh

leigh PlowSite Veteran
    from CT

No more snow or sleet for coast.No mention of any frozen precept,weather channel,noaa and others all saying rain,temps never below freezing,oh well.

9. OP
    OP
    LR3

LR3 Senior Member

That's what I'm getting as well in Groton. Rain. And that's not even until 3am.

10. mjlawncare

mjlawncare Senior Member

Were headed out all roads and parking lots completely covered even after pretreatment 24degrees and sleeting hard

11. OP
    OP
    LR3

LR3 Senior Member

Pushed a little ice/snow/sleet in Groton. Salted and cleared walkways and roads.

12. leigh

leigh PlowSite Veteran
    from CT

Ha ha,never underestimate stubborn mother nature!Got a half inch of sleet,temps took there time rising,salted lots and cleared walks.

13. BillyRgn

BillyRgn Senior Member

First push of the season , didn't see that coming I really thought the ground was gonna be to warm

14. sectlandscaping

sectlandscaping Senior Member

Hope you get paid. 1/4 inch of slush and its 40. I did pretreat a few medical places but there zero tolerance. The others had to request and none did. Not pissing customers off over this.

15. mjlawncare

mjlawncare Senior Member

Plowed and salted all our commercials endedup with an inch maybe a little more was some heavy stuff tho still at 32degrees here

16. leigh

leigh PlowSite Veteran
    from CT

Looks like some seasonable temps finally,no precept for next 10 days though.(as of right now).Looks like we'll have a 2 month window of plowing, doesn't sound to bad! Be nice to get 10 2" events and a couple extra saltings.

17. OP
    OP
    LR3

LR3 Senior Member

Exactly, I don't want to piss off anyone either. Fortunately I only do commercials and they too have a zero tolerance.

18. ProEnterprises

ProEnterprises Senior Member
    from CT

Man, wouldnt that be great? Why don't we ever get that lucky? I was looking back at our storms over the past few years this morning. The last really light winter we had was 2011-2012, I believe. We had Nemo is 2013, many large ones in 2014, and Juno last year.

19. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Seems like this next storm potential may be too warm for our area. Split flow pattern is hard for the models to nail down outside of 48 hours. Stay tuned...:drinkup:

20. AccuCon

AccuCon Senior Member
    from CT

Looks like there is a possibility for some fun around this coming weekend...