Company Logo on Plow

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Thrifty Garage, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Thrifty Garage

Thrifty Garage Junior Member
    from SW MO

After searching the internet for ideas in addition to this forum I didn't find many results. It doesn't seem to be very common but I vinyl wrapped my plow this year with our company logo for some additional exposure. I'm not sure how well it will hold up; but it is "outdoor/permanent" so it should be decent. My biggest concern is that the vinyl will be weak and brittle at the cold temps and chip or break off. My truck doesn't have a huge vinyl wrap; just a small door logo. During the summer I rely on my trailer to do the marketing work. During the winter I wanted to have a little extra "pop!" The graphics are on the driver side so they will be right in the face of oncoming traffic. I will report back how they take the abuse. Any thoughts or feedback on others that have experimented with similar? I have seen several painted plows for city and state fundraiser events but not much information on the long term. plow vinyl.jpg

jonniesmooth and 512high like this.
  2. OP
    OP
    Thrifty Garage

Thrifty Garage Junior Member
    from SW MO

3. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

One of my friends from HS is a graphic designer, he did alot of my logo work. Depending on the vinyl used itll hold uo well to exposure outside. What it wont hold up well to is grit from the pavement, sticks etc.
    I have gotten about 10 years on each truck before it starts to look ratty, cracked and faded from the sun...on the doors, not the plow with constant flow on it.

4. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

5. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 PlowSite Fanatic

gravel will be your worst enemy.

a cold night and gravel and your logo will be in trouble.

Cam15 likes this.
  6. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

I was thinking that it might last being in Missouri...a low snow region.

Even so, just snow\packed snow\ice is hard on plows and their finish.

Then again, what do I know?

7. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 PlowSite Fanatic

valid point. never really gets that cold there either :nod:

Mark Oomkes likes this.
  8. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Safety first, if you are working on a raised plow put a block, jack stand or 2 under it...
    Also if this is for advertising, how do they find you with just your logo. What does JR stand for, contact info?

Cam15, dieselss, SHAWZER and 2 others like this.
  9. cjames808

cjames808 Senior Member
    from SE WI

All me stickers and such get the rub of death after 2 years. Gravel demons. Grrrr

10. Indycorp

Indycorp Member

You can do a few overlays of clear vinyl over your graphics. Just make sure it is all marine grade. It's much more durable.

Thrifty Garage and 512high like this.