Snow Plowing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
581 - 600 of 602 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,509 Posts
Realizing I'm wasting monitor ink, but the Alerts have been even more fubarred than normal the last few days. I'm frequently showing unread alerts but they have been read.

Also, when I'm clicking on them more often than not it is bringing me to the top of the page instead of the actual post that was reacted or replied to.

And I'll save you the trouble, the "developers" are working on it.
Here, try printing out this helpful card so you can compare it to your monitor

Font Rectangle Brand Electric blue Logo

·
Registered
13,612 Posts
I think Mark was trying to get to this in his deleted post thread the other day

yada yada yada for whatever reason somebody figures your post is inappropriate or it’s in the wrong place

oky..

So you get a notice in your inbox that
Rectangle Font Symbol Signage Number

Has edited moved or deleted your post.

as the rules state you should take it up with the moderator and not go back-and-forth about this on the open forum.

ok

But you cannot contact this mysterious G to discuss the issue and we were told that moderators don’t have an alias to do this
With,

I was told this was what happens at all of vertical scopes form boards That when a moderator delete or edits a post that mysterious G shows up and not the moderator who’s actually doing it and that isn’t correct either.

so why the alias?

·
Administrator
3,155 Posts

yada yada yada for whatever reason somebody figures your post is inappropriate or it’s in the wrong place

oky..

So you get a notice in your inbox that View attachment 252297

as the rules state you should take it up with the moderator and not go back-and-forth about this on the open forum.

ok

But you cannot contact this mysterious G to discuss the issue and we were told that moderators don’t have an alias to do this
With,

I was told this was what happens at all of vertical scopes form boards That when a moderator delete or edits a post that mysterious G shows up and not the moderator who’s actually doing it and that isn’t correct either.

so why the alias?
We will check into this as that should not be the case

·
Administrator
3,155 Posts
Ps

I have the red dots showing me that I have some alerts but when I click on alerts nothing shows View attachment 252298
I believe I mentioned this before but not 100% certain. There is a known bug with the Alerts and Notifications system and we are working on a fix.

Keep an eye on the Help > Release Notes section for updates on progress.

·
Registered
50,738 Posts
It's not late here...

·
Administrator
3,155 Posts

oky..

So you get a notice in your inbox that View attachment 252297

ok

With,

so why the alias?
Ok, I checked into this and for some reason, this is actually a default Xenforo behavior. I'm not entirely sure why the G shows up on our sites for this (or certain Mod actions), but for now, that is how it is showing.

·
Registered
13,612 Posts
Skeptical,
that all sounds odd,
Because that didn’t happen the first (few) times
I got my hand slapped for not playing nice with the member who wount be mentioned.
It only started after the new super mods came to be .

·
Registered
13,612 Posts
Ok, I checked into this and for some reason, this is actually a default Xenforo behavior. I'm not entirely sure why the G shows up on our sites for this (or certain Mod actions), but for now, that is how it is showing.
I’ll concede,
But there was “maintenance “ performed
Before it could be tested at ….

·
Premium Member
14,509 Posts
So there's no truth to the rumors that all administrators have God complexes..?

·
Registered
34,701 Posts
I'm on a "2A" forum that recently changed to the same format as the PlowSite and there's been glitches there as well. So FWIW..... Would have to think the software folks have their hands full with fixing stuff. Will also say they probably didn't have their poop in a group when developing it and paying the price for it now.

581 - 600 of 602 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.