Snow Plowing Forum banner
421 - 440 of 550 Posts

·
Administrator
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #421 ·
Again, I think it is a slight contrast issue more than user error in this case.

The alerts show 3 different color/shades:
  • Old Alerts - Gray
  • New Unread since last login - Slightly darker gray (this is the contrast issue)
  • New Read since last login - White/Black (light or dark mode).
When you are going to the alerts page, it will display the number of "new unread" alerts. If you refresh once on this page, they will update to "new read" and the contrast will be clearer. Currently the contrast between "old" and "new unread" is very similar and hard to distinguish. The reason some will show as gray and others not on the 'new' list is usually that you viewed the item either by going directly to it (opening the thread) or were already on that page when the alert was added to the page.

Daniel

·
Registered
34,295 Posts
Huh, interesting... What device/browser are you using?

I just tried switching to dark mode again and this is my alerts:

View attachment 251120

Everything save for the top 3 are supposedly unread. Clicking on the 25m ago one and returning still leaves it "unread." And in half an hour, all of them will be gray again. But yours seems to be working correctly. Guess it is user error after all.....

Edit: 5 minutes later and two have reverted to "unread"

View attachment 251121
My portable PC.....

Automotive design Computer cluster Gas Technology Gadget

·
Premium Member
14,188 Posts
Again, I think it is a slight contrast issue more than user error in this case.

The alerts show 3 different color/shades:
  • Old Alerts - Gray
  • New Unread since last login - Slightly darker gray (this is the contrast issue)
  • New Read since last login - White/Black (light or dark mode).
When you are going to the alerts page, it will display the number of "new unread" alerts. If you refresh once on this page, they will update to "new read" and the contrast will be clearer. Currently the contrast between "old" and "new unread" is very similar and hard to distinguish. The reason some will show as gray and others not on the 'new' list is usually that you viewed the item either by going directly to it (opening the thread) or were already on that page when the alert was added to the page.

Daniel
K. But why are the alerts changing colors after 20ish minutes on their own on my system, but not on @BUFF's? I can clearly see the difference in colors between the photo he posted and what I posted. Why aren't his old read alerts showing up the same as mine?

·
Premium Member
14,188 Posts

·
Administrator
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #425 ·
Here is a screenshot of the "New unread" next to "old" (in light mode). 2 are the slightly darker gray and the rest are the normal gray.

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Number

Refreshing the page however makes the contrast much clearer to see:
Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Technology

Overall, I can understand that this isn't very clear or easy to see. That is why we are hoping to work on this feature and improve it down the line. However, at the moment I do not have a timeframe on when that will be improved.

Daniel

·
Registered
34,295 Posts
Here is a screenshot of the "New unread" next to "old" (in light mode). 2 are the slightly darker gray and the rest are the normal gray.

View attachment 251123

Refreshing the page however makes the contrast much clearer to see:
View attachment 251124

Overall, I can understand that this isn't very clear or easy to see. That is why we are hoping to work on this feature and improve it down the line. However, at the moment I do not have a timeframe on when that will be improved.

Daniel
Since color/colour coding doesn't seem to work for the needy...... Might I suggest animal figures.... Say for unread a horses head is used and for read/red a horses arse is used

·
Premium Member
14,188 Posts
Since color/colour coding doesn't seem to work for the needy...... Might I suggest animal figures.... Say for unread a horses head is used and for read/red a horses arse is used
You forgot the dead, beaten horse with the flies above it for the "old, read"

·
Premium Member
14,188 Posts
Alright, I think I'm finally figuring this out.

So:
Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Number

While I think I get it, I still don't follow why @BUFF's photo does not seem to show the same colors/changes as the rest of us. His "old, read" are not shaded at all. Unless I'm just missing it.

·
Registered
34,295 Posts
Alright, I think I'm finally figuring this out.

So:
View attachment 251125

While I think I get it, I still don't follow why @BUFF's photo does not seem to show the same colors/changes as the rest of us. His "old, read" are not shaded at all. Unless I'm just missing it.
Remember saying IBM Sooperpuker = MP Money....

·
Premium Member
14,188 Posts

·
Administrator
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #432 ·
Went to post a pic.
after it up loaded I wanted to delete
It
Sew… I hit delete and I get this message
View attachment 251134
This is a known bug and we are already working on a fix. It should be rolling out with one of the next updates. In the meantime, the work around is to make the post, then edit it and you can remove the photo.

I know that isn't ideal, but hopefully the fix will take care of it soon enough.

If you are still not able to remove the photo for any reason, please self-report the post and include a note asking for the attached photo to be removed. The moderators will be able to remove the photo for you in that case.

Daniel

·
Registered
49,885 Posts
Went to post a pic.
after it up loaded I wanted to delete
It
Sew… I hit delete and I get this message
View attachment 251134
Well, maybe in 15 minutes it will delete itself.

Or maybe it's just a different shade of gray/white/black/taupe/salmon/fuschia and you just can't see the difference.

·
Premium Member
14,188 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,585 Posts
I know some of you were talking about the quoting multiple lines in a reply.
such as
Below.
I submitted a feature request on the Moderator forum, where all the super moderators hang out and we’re all premium members, I’ll update y’all on what happens.
Product Mobile device Communication Device Portable communications device Font

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
When posting a pic
, you can see the pic in your post
Yet you still have to wait for it to upload?

and then after the wait you
Get “ uploading 100%”

then the “ something went wrong
Contract administrator or try again

again and again
Couldn’t upload a screenshot..
Because something went wrong

·
Premium Member
14,188 Posts

·
Administrator
3,126 Posts
When posting a pic
, you can see the pic in your post
Yet you still have to wait for it to upload?

and then after the wait you
Get “ uploading 100%”

then the “ something went wrong
Contract administrator or try again

again and again
Couldn’t upload a screenshot..
Because something went wrong
I will have this looked into. I know we were experiencing an issue on some sites where members were not able to remove their images when they were in the draft or preview option. Going to try to upload a screenshot here

Font Screenshot Display device Darkness Gadget

421 - 440 of 550 Posts