Snow Plowing Forum banner

Clock resets

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  06Sierra 
#1 ·
This is in a 2006 Sierra. I noticed late summer that the clock would reset once in a while. One time, not sure if this is related or not, the truck wouldn't start. No dash lights, no clicking, nothing. I disconnected the battery for a while and it hasn't happened since. I thought the clock issue was related to the alternator going bad. I have a new alternator and battery now, the big 3 was done a few years back. Last night it happened again, twice. Any ideas on where to start looking? Thanks.

#3 ·
My 04.5 Dmax has been doing this off and on since it got cold enough to need to plug the block heater in at night (since basically end of November). Seems to do it usually when the engine is still cold the first few times I start it in the morning. Both batteries were replaced in October of 2011, and I've checked connections everywhere I can think of. I think I reset that damn clock about 50 times now! :realmad:

Maybe someone is telling me I should just get a new stereo? How can I sell that to the other half???

p.s. And I did check the ground stud Squires mentioned!

#5 ·
If you've added an OBDII accessory like a Scangauge II, that will often cause similar symptoms. Don't know why, it's just a GM thing. I think when that happens the speedometer usually goes to zero too, though. Nevermind...

#6 ·
Mine reset a couple times the day I started this thread and once since. I haven't had a chance to check anything yet. I do have occasional dimming of the lights while driving. They don't dim much, just enough to notice it. I'll check all of the grounds hopefully this week.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.