• PlowSite Homepage Upgrade

Hello again PlowSite community,

I wanted to post a quick note to let you know that the homepage of PlowSite will experience a major upgrade next week. We’re always looking for ways to improve our users’ experience on the site, and felt that this upgrade was needed and long overdue.

With this upgrade, you’ll now see the top trending posts as soon as you visit PlowSite, and these will be updated throughout the day. You can also easily access videos and photos. As always, we encourage you to include videos and photos in your own posts to share with your fellow PlowSite users.

Be assured that all of the forums, content and data that you’ve been accustomed to will remain intact, as will all current site features. You’ll also be able to easily access the full list of forums directly from our new homepage.

We’re excited to bring you this change, and look forward to hearing your feedback.

Thanks, PlowSite Team

Chuck Smith's Competition

Mick

PlowSite.com Veteran
The first sentence in the description is all I needed -

"Snowplowing is a terrific way to make a lot of money in a short period of time."

Uh-huh. :rolleyes: After buying equipment, commercial vehicle and general liability insurance, advertising etc how much money did he clear the first two years (if he, in fact, plowed at all)?

Chuck Smith and John Allin - watch out. This guy is willing to sell the secrets of snowplowing for $9.

ebaron

Profitable???

It took this guy 7 hours to make $310???? What the heck did he do, use two shovels? I guess when he went up to $560 in 7 hours he bought a snowblower for the pickup bed. I wonder if he read the part in the first chapter, " you are highly encouraged to install a snowplow on your truck, before plowing".

Very funny!!!

Chuck Smith

2000 Club Member
"The manual is condensed to 25 pages with a lot of content. No filler or useless information. It measures 8 1/2" x 5 1/2". "

A WHOLE 25 pages? Wow, I am impressed. LOL.

Maybe SIMA will make it study material for the CSP Certification Exam.

FYI, I have seen the ad on Ebay for that manual before. It has been around for a year or so. I think the web site that sells the original sells it for $14.95 I think it was "plowingforprofit.com" or something like that. Maybe "snowprofits.com"? A bucnch of get rich quick manuals...

I forget...

~Chuck

plowking35

2000 Club Member
I wrote to the auther and this was his response. See Nate I am an equal opertunity offender.
"The manual is very informative and helps the beginning snowplower immensely, where they don't have to compete against huge commercial or industrial plowers like yourself. One individual plower cannot do the work of a whole force of plowers. So whether the individual plower is making $300, $500, or $800 a night, for one person and their own truck, that is a good amount of money to earn in a few hours.

If you think this manual is bogus, I guess you haven't seen the one out there that someone is selling for $70. Talk about a waste of money."
I never said I was a huge industrial plower, but I guess he thinks 5 trucks is huge.
Dino

Last edited:

Chuck Smith

2000 Club Member
If $70 is such a waste of money, surely spending $3500 for a new plow is a waste when you can buy a Snow Bear, or bolt on some plywood to your truck for much less, or maybe buy a snow blower instead... wait, a shovel is even cheaper, and you can walk from site to site doing residential driveways in a trailer park... I think I figured out his grand plan!

~Chuck