1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

    Dismiss Notice

Chrome Plug cover

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by PabstBlueRibbon, Aug 30, 2010.

  1. PabstBlueRibbon

    PabstBlueRibbon Senior Member
    Messages: 733

    Ok I want to get a chrome plug cover for my block heater, does anyone know where the hell I can find one? Been looking for ages. it looks kinda like this but chrome.

  2. matter

    matter Junior Member
    Messages: 15

    mack dealerships should have them, most big rig trucks have chrome covers
  3. PabstBlueRibbon

    PabstBlueRibbon Senior Member
    Messages: 733

    i know that but i need to know what its called so i can find one. I couldnt find it on i 80 truck stop.
  4. mcwlandscaping

    mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member
    Messages: 2,557

    Go to a Sanels or NAPA, just tell them you want the plug and chrome housing for a block heater. What you'll wind up having to do is cut the end off of the plug and wire on a traditional 3-prong female plug as the one that comes on the cord is not going to be what you want. If you still don't understand i can provide pics.

    I did this to my truck last winter, its sweet when its all said and done =D
  5. JaimeG

    JaimeG Senior Member
    Messages: 448

  6. PabstBlueRibbon

    PabstBlueRibbon Senior Member
    Messages: 733

    Last edited: Aug 31, 2010