Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out to start my 1990 Chevy K1500 plow truck and even though she turns over good she won't start. Might mention it is currently 12 degrees here in Mid-Michigan. Listened and could hear the fuel pump run when I turned the key on and then stopped as it should until the truck starts. Tried this a few times and no start. Sprayed some starting fluid in the throttle body and she started right up and ran until the starting fluid ran out. Tried this a few times with the same results. Makes me think I'm not getting fuel to the throttle body. I currently have a halogen work light under it pointing up at the fuel tank, a propane catalytic heater about a foot or two from the drivers door pointing at the truck, an electric heater with fan blowing under the front drivers side of the truck and a trouble light with a 100 watt incandescence bulb next to the throttle body. Hope this works any other suggestions., I also have about 1 1/2 bottles of the red heet in the tank, going to put another bottle in when I go out. Any other ideas to get this beast running so I can plow my snow?
Thanks,
Bill

· Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's a throttle body. Trying to kick in my memory files. Remove the air filter, while cranking you should see fuel spraying into the plenum. Replace the fuel filter. If it's outside, remove the fuel filter, key on it should pump lots of fuel. And get the heater away from it if it's a gas job. When's the last time it ran
Heater is not near any of the gas lines. Halogen trouble light is the only thing anywhere near the fuel line.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.