1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Check engine light question

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by ktfbgb, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 PlowSite Veteran

But par for the course for a Cummings guy...

Mark Oomkes likes this.
  2. ktfbgb

ktfbgb 2000 Club Member

I know I should get it in writing but that ain't gonna happen lol. Oh well I just want a dependable truck that I'm not scared is going to go into limp mode in the middle of my plowing route, or driving down the highway with a lumber package. My wife keeps saying just get a new Ford that's all you've ever had. And while it's tempting it sounds like all the new diesel trucks have the same problem so I dont think it would help lol.

3. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

yea, all of the diesel rigs seem to have issues these days.

and at times it seems to be hit or miss,
    one guy wont have any issues while another will be plagued with them.

ktfbgb likes this.
  4. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Myself it all comes down to the wording when you walk in the door for service. If you can sway their actions much like a good lawyer creates a solid case then you are ahead of the game. Knowing the trigger phrases which make the repair on your dime is all too important.

It would seem the dealer is trying to earn back your trust and impress you with thought full service. Keep them chasing you by jigging. I will be upgrading in the near future and appreciate all you have done for me. Lets run a few numbers....

ktfbgb likes this.