• PlowSite Homepage Upgrade

Hello again PlowSite community,

I wanted to post a quick note to let you know that the homepage of PlowSite will experience a major upgrade next week. We’re always looking for ways to improve our users’ experience on the site, and felt that this upgrade was needed and long overdue.

With this upgrade, you’ll now see the top trending posts as soon as you visit PlowSite, and these will be updated throughout the day. You can also easily access videos and photos. As always, we encourage you to include videos and photos in your own posts to share with your fellow PlowSite users.

Be assured that all of the forums, content and data that you’ve been accustomed to will remain intact, as will all current site features. You’ll also be able to easily access the full list of forums directly from our new homepage.

We’re excited to bring you this change, and look forward to hearing your feedback.

Thanks, PlowSite Team

Cheap Lights

Chuck Smith

2000 Club Member
Our hydroseeder has been doing municipal road work. When attached to the truck, it blocks the strobes on the truck. It had no lighting on it to warn traffic, so I mounted these lights. They are on the same circuit. You turn on the switch, and the rotator comes on. I wired in a flasher to the inexpensive marker lights to make them flash when the rotator is on. Total cost (less the used rotator) was about $15.

Here they are off (with the rotator on).

~Chuck

hydroseederlights.jpg

plowjockey

PlowSite.com Sponsor
As usual, Chuck it looks like you are on top of things and very cost alert.
The high dollar items are nice and all but a little imagination and forethought make $$$ sense.

Bruce

OP
Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith

2000 Club Member
Geoff, I didn't know they had flashing bulbs available. I standardized all our trucks and trailers with these same markers from Peterson Manufacturing (PM). I have plenty of HD flashers on hand, plenty of PM lights and lenses. This set up just made sense. During the day, the lights are not the brightest, but suffecient. As it gets darker earlier now, and overcast more often (it seems) the lights are very visible. We actually get the lights and replacement lenses in Maine for less than half of what we pay here. I think the price tags on the lights say "Bob's" on them. I will be adding the same lights with a flasher to our skid steers next. Strobes would be nice, but considering the cost, and the amount of moisture and fertilizer involved with the hydroseeder, the lifespan of the power unit would be quite short.

~Chuck