Snow Plowing Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts
flairlandscape;515853 said:
Hey guys,

First time I've driven a Ford with the new diesel....all I can say is, wooow, what power, huge step up even from the last 6.0L's!wesportwesport
I read comments like this and I wonder why most people are bashing the 6.4? They put out 350hp and over 600lbs tq but all I hear is they are dogs and get bad milage. It's nice to hear a good comment about the new diesels every once in a while:dizzy::dizzy:..............

Idealtim;515900 said:
I read comments like this and I wonder why most people are bashing the 6.4? They put out 350hp and over 600lbs tq but all I hear is they are dogs and get bad milage. It's nice to hear a good comment about the new diesels every once in a while:dizzy::dizzy:..............
my friend said they make some funny noise with the 2turbos u hear one spool then u hear another ur like what the heck. but he said it dragd the GN trailer around nice

Discussion starter · #26 ·
JD Dave;516160 said:
How do you like working for Clintar?
This is my third winter working for them, so, ya, they seem to treat me well. All their is equipment is practically new, so thats a nice bonus as well. I plowed with JD tractors with the 10-way hydra-gate blades the first two years, and now I plow with the CAT at this one huge property (Ford Plant) and its only about 2 minutes from my house. Next year I hope to be plowing for my own company, but we'll see.. that was the plan for this winter too, but didn't end up happening.

About the Ford, I've driven a lot of the 7.3's and 6.0's, and this new 6.4 engine really impressed me - especially it being on the F550 - I can't imagine how fast it'd feel with a F250, reg cab or something like that. The previous truck they had at the site was an 05' F550 with the 6.0L, and this one definitely felt faster. It also has a beefier feel and look to it.

JD Dave;516160 said:
How do you like working for Clintar?
Isn't Clintar a franchised company? cause I've seen trucks of theirs in Ottawa too.

Discussion starter · #29 ·
Yes Clintar is a franchise company, I believe they have around 13 locations in Canada, and are starting to move into the states too.
Creativedesigns: I actually know the owner of the Ottawa Clintar. He used to be a manager at the London location where I work out of, but he moved up to Ottawa to start another franchise there just last spring.

Here's a couple more pics of the Cat, I just love that thing!

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Snow

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Snow

Tire Land vehicle Car Wheel Vehicle

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.