Snow Plowing Forum banner
21 - 40 of 85 Posts

· Registered
6,287 Posts
This wasn't what I was searching for but may help...

· Registered
58,827 Posts
There's a guy in Inditucky that makes loader rims to run narrower snow tires, I just can't remember his member name...
His prices aren't bad but I couldn't figure out why I'd want another set of tyres/wheels taking up space.

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
@Yoman Check your owners/operators manual, I am almost certain that they give a different tire size if you equip the machine with nokian snow tires. Not sure that will help you at all in finding tires in stock, but might save you some money......... 50/50 odds 100% chance they will cost more 
Font Screenshot Number Parallel Rectangle

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I have these on my 908h2. We don’t use it much in the snow but the tread looks similar to the nokians and I like them. I think they were about $1000. Each installed US dollars. They might be a bit taller than the originals.
Just got the quote for same tires,
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread

Alliance 400/70R20 - $2,100 each

· Registered
58,827 Posts
Not sure what size my 244 takes...but the price was only $1,000/tyre...roughly.

· Registered
58,827 Posts
Still waiting...

· Registered
108 Posts
Question? Look at Cat 908m spac option 1 360/80r20 for Nokian Tri2 snow tire if I go with
Alliance 360/80R20 will be the same? $1500 Each much better than $2100 each.
Those Alliance tires look very similar to the nokians, I would probably go for the 2400 dollars in savings, they should be significantly better in the snow than the tires you currently have regardless. Do they happen to have those tires in stock ?

Ill take 5% commision for letting you know about the alternate tire size 😆:payup:

· Registered
434 Posts
*Follow up: Well yesterday we had about 4" of heavy wet snow, I have to say by grooving the tires, it did make a big difference in long run pushes, are they good as a dedicated snow tire...no, BUT, if I can grab another year or so out of these, it was worth the time and machine to groove. In case anyone gives a crap, the machine I used was the Van Alstine GV-1000, and I used a #8 flat bottom blade, spare blades about $20-27.00 for 10? It took about 3 blades or so to do the tires .I now have poor man snow tires!

21 - 40 of 85 Posts