Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

· Registered
58,836 Posts
Good luck getting anything. Still waiting for some Alliance for my 244 as I couldn't even get an estimate when Nokians might be available. All I know is my set is in the country not on the ship anymore. Supposedly the end of January. I started looking in September.

· Registered
6,283 Posts
BKT make Loader tires in that size .

Not sure about a Snow tread .

I have BKT tires on my small Loader called ' 621 '

They work good in Snow and Dirt .

I bought them a few years ago through a local mobile tire guy , not sure where he got the tires from in Ontario .

· Registered
58,836 Posts

· Registered
58,836 Posts
If you want them for next year, I would order now.

· Super Moderator
43,059 Posts

· Registered
434 Posts
Buff, funny that you mention that I have a cat 908M as well my local tire dealership I deal with in New Hampshire where I live, like Mark, I was looking at Alliance back in October and he said maybe by March 2023

So what I did, on my caterpillar I have the Dunlop original tires. This machine is only used for snow, I have a Metal Pless 8–36–14 with livedge, we average 55 to about 65 inches per season for snowfall, this year we’re sitting at 7 inches total.

I talked to the tire company and they said you can try grooving into the tread block or sniping. I then looked up Tire grooving machines. Some of them are very expensive. The one I was after I believe brand new is $550-$600 … I then
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

went on eBay I won the bid for a used one which was practically brand new for $300, I bought some spare blades For $24

I’m doing this from my mobile phone I will upload before and after, I was gonna use it today but we only got an inch and a half of freaking snow.

I didn’t copy anyone’s tread design I did this on my own, will it work? Who knows Plus it gave me something to do in the shop the last few days lol

· Super Moderator
43,059 Posts
Buff, funny that you mention that I have a cat 908M as well my local tire dealership I deal with in New Hampshire where I live, like Mark, I was looking at Alliance back in October and he said maybe by March 2023

So what I did, on my caterpillar I have the Dunlop original tires. This machine is only used for snow, I have a Metal Pless 8–36–14 with livedge, we average 55 to about 65 inches per season for snowfall, this year we’re sitting at 7 inches total.

I talked to the tire company and they said you can try grooving into the tread block or sniping. I then looked up Tire grooving machines. Some of them are very expensive. The one I was after I believe brand new is $550-$600 … I then View attachment 261900
View attachment 261899
went on eBay I won the bid for a used one which was practically brand new for $300, I bought some spare blades For $24

I’m doing this from my mobile phone I will upload before and after, I was gonna use it today but we only got an inch and a half of freaking snow.

I didn’t copy anyone’s tread design I did this on my own, will it work? Who knows Plus it gave me something to do in the shop the last few days lol
That looks great, I run a 930M (winter lease) a would like to do the same or add sheet metal screws to the lugs.....

BTW........With a steady hand a chainsaw could to the same...

Cartoon Gesture Font Art Illustration

· Registered
58,836 Posts
BTW........With a steady hand a chainsaw could to the same...
Make sure to use purple cones...for safety!

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

I talked to the tire company and they said you can try grooving into the tread block or sniping. I then looked up Tire grooving machines. Some of them are very expensive. The one I was after I believe brand new is $550-$600 … I then View attachment 261900
View attachment 261899

Let me know how it workouts BTW nice work

· Registered
58,836 Posts
1 - 20 of 85 Posts