Snow Plowing Forum banner

Case Door Theft Ottawa

4K views 26 replies 15 participants last post by  BlackIrish 
#1 ·
'Tis the season
Like more than I few others on this site I had something stolen. :yow!:
Sometime between Dec 8- Dec 13, the door to my Case went missing.
Passenger side door from my 2003 Case 570 MXT would fit older backhoes and more recent MXT's.
Machine was in Orleans in a gated compound.
:guns:

Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wheel

Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Wheel Motor vehicle

See less See more
#4 ·
sbg4024;1381841 said:
the problem is case wants 5 grand for that door
You would think that after having made the same door for 17+ years that we would get a break on the price.
Or that some smart aftermarket guy would start cranking them out.
We are going the fab your own route, won't be fancy but it'll keep the heat in.

#8 ·
Case Dealers

Just a suggestion, try your local Case dealers, see if anyone has been in lately looking for pricing on the door. Chances are they priced it out and found it cheaper to steal yours... don't think they get many requests for an older model door.
You just might get lucky and find your thief.

#9 ·
That sucks to hear. I replaced a door on mine due to the fact it was very rusted and beyond repair. The dealer wanted $2,500.00 per door but I found a place that sells both aftermarket and used doors. I got two doors with glass for $2,200.00.

Juniors equipment in Michigan is where I went, good guys to deal with and shipped fast. 1-888-882-4404. Ask for Jason.

#10 ·
Thx for all the info guys.
We did call all area dealers, within the first 2 hours, to check if anyone had been looking for a similar door.
Insurance is for big stuff ie the whole Case had been stolen.
At this time we are almost done with our homemade door.

#13 ·
Pretend for a second that you needed a new door and phone around to find one. Then discover how much they are then phone around to find a cheap one and discover there are none.

The thief took that route and may have left phone numbers and a business contact number all over the place as theft was certainly not his first option but rather his last.

What you do after figuring out who it may have been is up to you but I'm from Ottawa originally and know it's big but not that big.

#16 ·
Wow, that is terrible. I guess someone was too cold in their backhoe without a door, or they knew someone who was, and stole it to resell.

Gated compound, but no cameras? Maybe that is an option to prevent it in the future. Didn't you have something stolen or damaged last year too? Tough luck.

We had an entire 700 gallon tank of coloured diesel locked up and in a gated, camera monitored compound of a municipality stolen sometime over the last summer/fall. Just no idea when to ask them to check the cameras. Expensive mistake for us.

People are certainly desperate this year.

Hope you catch them.

#17 ·
Our firehall is being redesigned right in the middle of town in a residential area and the contractor lost a skid to thieves in the middle of the night. No one heard a thing. Just ballsy.
Can't believe that door is priced at $5000.:realmad:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.